Small chipper help

bumble B

Have you checked out the skarper c90 sold by fr Jones. It's the new haecksler. 4200 Inc vat and looks very easy to change the blades. I have used the haecksler equivalent and it chips very well and pulls the brash in quick. 

Also consider putting a deposit down and taking finance. 

Watched the video for it on their website. Looks like a decent machine.
Outside my budget this year.
I sub out quite a lot so not always got work for a 4/5k machine.
Need a better vehicle first.
Don't want to be tied to a tool that takes years to pay off.
Yet.
A new rock chipper can pay for itself after a few months.
My local dealer says he can work on them if I need help.(b+s engine)
It can sit in the garage for weeks at a time no stress.

There is a Rock chipper on ebay in very could condition for £1200, only 6 months old - I reckon you could get it for a grand cash[emoji3]

I try not to buy from eBay anymore.
Many bad experiences.
New is only £1500?
I treat my machines well, who knows what's been through it second hand?
  • Like 1

We have a used CS100 that'll be for sale soon...

It is a 14hp unit minus an engine. We part exchanged it with a knackered engine, been keeping an eye out for a good used 14/16hp Vanguard engine but they aren't easy to find. At the right money we would be happy to just stick a brand new unit on and price accordingly.

On 3/18/2018 at 17:52, Rough Hewn said:

I try not to buy from eBay anymore.
Many bad experiences.
New is only £1500?
I treat my machines well, who knows what's been through it second hand?

or try and buy my old Greenmech chipper.  I sold it to a good friend in Wiltshire 2 years ago and he no longer uses it.  He wants £1200 for it.  It has a Briggs & Stratton 14 hp V Twin engine which is very cheap to run and seeing as it's a Greenmech it outperforms  the Haecksler hands down (we actually put this claim to the test).  If you are interested let me know.  K

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The Jo Beau M400 is a great machine and it also comes with the Honda GX630, but I have had problems with the M400 since getting it from new. The engine is spot on, no issues at all, but the design of the machine is shit (made in belgium). It has many design flaws that make maintenance tedious. Issues I have had in 140hrs of work.

- Cabling that links the depress safety buttons comes loose, nothing is boxed in to protect them. The cables melted from the engine heat and began shorting the engine. No end of hassle with this.

- Drum bearing grease nipple easily snapped after a few weeks.

- To change a simple fuse on the engine, I had to remove a wheel, the belts and slide the whole engine across to get access. Should be a 5 min job to change a fuse.

- The chute bolt tightener is made from plastic and cracks after about a week, so I ended up fabricating a metal one.

- Many bolts come loose so expect to keep an eye out and locktite them. I don't think they do it in the factory.

- When you fold over the hopper the weight of the hopper actually rests on the engine, causing the oil filler cap to crack with repetitive use.

- If you run the chipper on a trailer connected to the tow bar and like to shoot into a truck, a lot of the chip falls onto the engine below as the chute doesn't extend long enough over the engine. Each time I have to disconnect the trailer and and angle it as a workaround.

Despite the amateurish design it chips well. The Honda is a big selling point for me in any bit of kit and it's the best thing it has going for it. I wouldn't buy another until they fixed all of the flaws they have. Sending out the machine with the shocking wiring it has is a complete joke and I did flag it up with @GlobalNewark

Edited by Gardenscape
  • Like 1