new digger option

donnk

Not all Kubotas are singing and dancing though- we had a kx080-4 on hire all last week and the operator very experienced who runs several Kubotas himself reckoned it was a dreadfull machine. It would cut out operation on occasion I think something to do with the DPF and the fit and finish was pretty crude- a lot of things were clearly an afterthought. I had a quick go in it and personally didn’t like the geometry when sat in the seat- the joysticks felt too low. Still each to their own- no doubt Kubota making quality kit but I just can’t get excited about the ones I have operated. Tak may well be lacking in operator features but you can’t deny they are beefed up appropriately in all the right areas and i feel less ‘snatchy’ for grading then other brands.

well done on your decision- let us know how you get on with it when it arrives.

1 hour ago, donnk said:

No battery is going to have 10 years life without charge, care to clarify that ?

Yes. The tracker uses a sim card to send a gps location once a day at a set time to the web server of the trackunit people. Thats the only time it needs power, so therefore it uses very litle power in a year. I can set it to send a location every half hour if i suspect the machine is stolen, and this reduces battery time

1 hour ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Yes. The tracker uses a sim card to send a gps location once a day at a set time to the web server of the trackunit people. Thats the only time it needs power, so therefore it uses very litle power in a year. I can set it to send a location every half hour if i suspect the machine is stolen, and this reduces battery time

never seen a 10 battery life on a tracker, The ones we have seen have a long life if un-used...  If they are " pinging " signal back the battery life is compromised by the amount used.  It may be worth checking the finer facts to be 100% sure on battery life before you have a possible problem with signal.

10 minutes ago, digaholedumper said:

never seen a 10 battery life on a tracker, The ones we have seen have a long life if un-used...  If they are " pinging " signal back the battery life is compromised by the amount used.  It may be worth checking the finer facts to be 100% sure on battery life before you have a possible problem with signal.

I was surprised by the claim, the app tells me the battery life daily, it on 97% and had it 6 months. So far so good

4 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Not all Kubotas are singing and dancing though- we had a kx080-4 on hire all last week and the operator very experienced who runs several Kubotas himself reckoned it was a dreadfull machine. It would cut out operation on occasion I think something to do with the DPF and the fit and finish was pretty crude- a lot of things were clearly an afterthought. I had a quick go in it and personally didn’t like the geometry when sat in the seat- the joysticks felt too low. Still each to their own- no doubt Kubota making quality kit but I just can’t get excited about the ones I have operated. Tak may well be lacking in operator features but you can’t deny they are beefed up appropriately in all the right areas and i feel less ‘snatchy’ for grading then other brands.

well done on your decision- let us know how you get on with it when it arrives.

Kx080-4 was a total lemon for Kubota and lost them a huge amount of sales. It can be tweaked to make it go, but most just move them on and get a later alpha version. The Original Dash 3 is still a better machine in a lot of aspects.

Takeuchi have the worst reputation out there for pins and bushes, paint is like primer compared to Kubota.

The KX080 was the original machine that took the 8 tonne class to another level, with 60mm pins and massive slew ring in comparison to others it was like a mini 13 tonner.

Plenty have caught up now and are pushing 10 tonnes for what are supposedly 8 tonne class?

You won't go far wrong with either Takeuchi or Kubota, but Takeuchi are on the up and Kubota on their way down in most peoples opinion that I know.

The same message always comes through, holding onto models too long, (Dash 4 is out of date already) don't gives us features other markets get as standard,(six way blades etc) and concentrate too much time on Tractors now?

Eddie.

2 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Kx080-4 was a total lemon for Kubota and lost them a huge amount of sales. It can be tweaked to make it go, but most just move them on and get a later alpha version. The Original Dash 3 is still a better machine in a lot of aspects.

Takeuchi have the worst reputation out there for pins and bushes, paint is like primer compared to Kubota.

The KX080 was the original machine that took the 8 tonne class to another level, with 60mm pins and massive slew ring in comparison to others it was like a mini 13 tonner.

Plenty have caught up now and are pushing 10 tonnes for what are supposedly 8 tonne class?

You won't go far wrong with either Takeuchi or Kubota, but Takeuchi are on the up and Kubota on their way down in most peoples opinion that I know.

The same message always comes through, holding onto models too long, (Dash 4 is out of date already) don't gives us features other markets get as standard,(six way blades etc) and concentrate too much time on Tractors now?

Eddie.

Have a look at Wacker Neuson, you may be surprised , definitely on their way up :thumbup1:

2 minutes ago, digaholedumper said:

Have a look at Wacker Neuson, you may be surprised , definitely on their way up :thumbup1:

I did, I would have bought a full spec ET90 and done the whole works to it, guarding Engcon etc etc, however the factory wouldn't listen to my request to put a 50mm raising piece in the slew turret from the factory, as it's a nightmare job after, and that was the end of that.

Be a JCB next if I do another 8 tonner.