new digger option

donnk

2 hours ago, donnk said:

Comes with stricklands buckets, we have them on the 5 tonner and the telehandler. They are ok.

I did look at the taki but its not quite as good in terms of reach, dump etc its also a lot more 'agricultural' shall we say. Not that that is a bad thing!

The 27 is a good machine as well just a bit smaller. looking to max out the trailer ! It's going on an Indespension Alumax (unladen 580kg) so with the buckets on the tipper and extra air in the tyres will just about be legal!

Bateson do a lightweight trailer that you can remove the ramps from to get the weight down.

You have to bear in mind the weight of the digger when its got some mud on it!

Also depends what your towing with- Landy pickup for example you can tow the 3500kg whilst still putting a ton in the bed which means all the buckets sand other garb can go in there- some of these new fangled pickups claim to have a 3500kg towing capacity but in fact their lower gross train weight means you can’t put bugger all in the pickup bed- personally not how I roll- much safer with the weight in the towing vehicle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Also depends what your towing with- Landy pickup for example you can tow the 3500kg whilst still putting a ton in the bed which means all the buckets sand other garb can go in there- some of these new fangled pickups claim to have a 3500kg towing capacity but in fact their lower gross train weight means you can’t put bugger all in the pickup bed- personally not how I roll- much safer with the weight in the towing vehicle.

will be using our daily tipper. 3.5ton tow, 7 ton on the tipper hehe

well pulled the trigger on the high spec version with the built in flow controls.

opted for the usual 3 buckets ditch, 600, 300 and also a microbucket 700 deep for utilities (we are builder). 

https://rhinox-group.com/collections/deep-dig-trenching-buckets

putting a mtrack tracker on it for obvious reasons., these arent wired to the machine so cant be fried.

https://www.trackersecurity.co.uk/

• Like 1

Best Hitches are the ‘S’ type and Buckets from the two main Tiltrotator suppliers Engcon and Steelwrist to go with them are the way forward. Best of all spec it right and you’ve already got the Hitch/Buckets ready to add in the Tiltrotator at a later date if required.

Takeuchi have come on leaps and bounds, they never have the fit/finish of a Kubota for me, and lack a bit of spark when operating them.

I was on a TB260 recently, did everything asked, but a Kx57 would have kicked it’s arse.

Komatsu is still the Mini everyone overlooks, and they are superb.?

Eddie.

4 hours ago, donnk said:

well pulled the trigger on the high spec version with the built in flow controls.

opted for the usual 3 buckets ditch, 600, 300 and also a microbucket 700 deep for utilities (we are builder). 

https://rhinox-group.com/collections/deep-dig-trenching-buckets

putting a mtrack tracker on it for obvious reasons., these arent wired to the machine so cant be fried.

https://www.trackersecurity.co.uk/

Keen to know more about your choice of tracker. I cuurrently use a battery operated trackers on my fleet of crushers, with 10 years battery life. It sends me a location every 24 hours, although i can change that to more often but it reduces battery life.

I can go onto the app, and it displays the exact address and postcode of the machine, or pinpoint it to location on a map. Its useful as i can see if a hirer has moved the machine to another site without my knowledge.

Does this system of yours do similar and what kind of price?

5 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Keen to know more about your choice of tracker. I cuurrently use a battery operated trackers on my fleet of crushers, with 10 years battery life. It sends me a location every 24 hours, although i can change that to more often but it reduces battery life.

I can go onto the app, and it displays the exact address and postcode of the machine, or pinpoint it to location on a map. Its useful as i can see if a hirer has moved the machine to another site without my knowledge.

Does this system of yours do similar and what kind of price?

No battery is going to have 10 years life without charge, care to clarify that ?

6 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

Best Hitches are the ‘S’ type and Buckets from the two main Tiltrotator suppliers Engcon and Steelwrist to go with them are the way forward. Best of all spec it right and you’ve already got the Hitch/Buckets ready to add in the Tiltrotator at a later date if required.

Takeuchi have come on leaps and bounds, they never have the fit/finish of a Kubota for me, and lack a bit of spark when operating them.

I was on a TB260 recently, did everything asked, but a Kx57 would have kicked it’s arse.

Komatsu is still the Mini everyone overlooks, and they are superb.?

Eddie.

I had a go in the taki 230, it was ok but like an austin maestro when compared to the golf gti Kubota.