new digger option

donnk

I have not been overly impressed with the tracking power of my Takeuchi tb230, we have had it stuck on the heap a few times when screening, it appears to have loads of power using both track in forward or reverse, but try turning on a loose heap and it hates it and bogs down, apart from that it's a lovely machine, but I doubt I would buy another, although I have spoke to a few people who have had similar issues with other makes.

42 minutes ago, IVECOKID said:

Me little Kobelco still earning a living, for a 19 year old machine she is still worth more than I paid for her 10 years ago .

Kobelco diggers are well worth a look at , a forgotten Manufacturer.

Ste 

20180130_123642.jpg

How many times have you damaged the boom ram in that position?

38 minutes ago, IVECOKID said:

Me little Kobelco still earning a living, for a 19 year old machine she is still worth more than I paid for her 10 years ago .

Kobelco diggers are well worth a look at , a forgotten Manufacturer.

Ste 

20180130_123642.jpg

I have been using my dads case cx23 2.3 ton with is a rebadged Kobelco and similar age to yours. If they still made that model now- or an equivalent I’d have one in a heartbeat. Most 2.3 tonners now are either zero tail or based more on a 1.5t undercarriage- just beefed up a bit but the cx23 is more like a 3 tonner- same undercarriage, slew ring and buckets etc but just slightly scaled down- can’t find any modern equivalent like that which is a shame as it’s a great towing weight with attachments but little in the way of compromise against a 2.8 tonner 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bogoak said:

This photo was taken at Euro auctions yesterday; the machine is a 2014 model:image.jpeg.85ada8857a7cf26c89a855587439bcd7.jpeg

The Question I'd have to ask myself is-  if I spent £50k (or whatever) on a new machine, would I be happy for it to look like this after less than four years? I'm afraid that whilst ever JCB think this is acceptable, its highly unlikely that they'll be seeing any of my cash.

Sadly, this machine was part of a JCB line up, all showing similar issues.d

I brought a brand new wessex compact tractor trailer. It turned up with great patches of rust on it. I sent it back, and when it came back, great sections of green paint were peeling off, somit had to go back again! Its ok now, but it seemed the paint job was not great.

I once had a tipmaster tipper body fitted, sides sprayed to match the truck. Same thing happened. When i queried why the truck paint was ok, but tipmasters wasnt, the reply was " nissan spend £50 million on their spray booth, we spent £50 thousand!. 

Never buy a white vehicle. They are all sprayed white as a base coat, then if you want a colour its sprayed over the top, so you get a better paint finish. I suspect the jcb just uses yellow as a base colour, hence the rusting

• Like 1
  • Confused 1