new digger option

donnk

5 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Yes. The tracker uses a sim card to send a gps location once a day at a set time to the web server of the trackunit people. Thats the only time it needs power, so therefore it uses very litle power in a year. I can set it to send a location every half hour if i suspect the machine is stolen, and this reduces battery time

Sorry to derail the thread, but if the tracker is gps only, will it work inside a container/van/tin shed etc?

7 hours ago, scbk said:

Sorry to derail the thread, but if the tracker is gps only, will it work inside a container/van/tin shed etc?

Very good point, this renders pretty much all the mobile phone based trackers useless.

The mtrack is the only Thatcham approved one that has a built in RF beacon, if you digger or pecker gets pinched and left in a pikey wagon they can track it from RF.

digger recovery

pecker recovery

" Wacker Neuson " excavators are well worth a look, 36 months warranty & a good spec to go with it  [emoji106]1:
Machines range from 1 ton - 15 ton & everything in between  [emoji106]1:

IMG_20170308_152028579.thumb.jpg.7b5b4548c684c2f535cf022866dee473.jpg
IMG_20170311_191722.thumb.jpg.4bad17d7b0389d5180774d0dea242c5e.jpg
IMG_20171011_095048110.thumb.jpg.4946dcd419286036fe703f214280d6c9.jpg
Wacker have some nice excavators tbf...the ET90 seems to be the most powerful of the 8-9ton range...they are replacing the Kubota 8 tonners every day[emoji106]

well pulled the trigger on the high spec version with the built in flow controls.

opted for the usual 3 buckets ditch, 600, 300 and also a microbucket 700 deep for utilities (we are builder). 

https://rhinox-group.com/collections/deep-dig-trenching-buckets

putting a mtrack tracker on it for obvious reasons., these arent wired to the machine so cant be fried.

https://www.trackersecurity.co.uk/

Good choice..would be interested to know how you get on with it[emoji106]. Did you go for Rhinox buckets in the end then?

8 hours ago, scbk said:

Mine are stored in a barn in a valley and it does work, not sure about a container though. Once the plant comes out of the container you can trace it

8 hours ago, scbk said:

The Tracker retrieve and higher end tracker units also use VHF, they also have some pretty clever stuff if you have several machines parked together and one is being messed about with.
GPS won't work in a container, VHF does

Edited by scraggs

12 minutes ago, Ross Goodenough said:

Wacker have some nice excavators tbf...the ET90 seems to be the most powerful of the 8-9ton range...they are replacing the Kubota 8 tonners every dayemoji106.png

I did look at them but they dont seem to hold the money as well as the jap and I didnt like the mess of hoses on the front, cant see them not getting caught up and broke quickly.

aQQtAFR.png

11 hours ago, donnk said:

I did look at them but they dont seem to hold the money as well as the jap and I didnt like the mess of hoses on the front, cant see them not getting caught up and broke quickly.

aQQtAFR.png

This Wacker 2503 design dates back to 2004 & it is only now , in 2018 it has been discontinued & soon to be replaced with a new model.. Wacker have had a tremendous amount of success with this machine with its 14 year reign, we don't know of any other manufacturer who run the same model in their range for 14 years ( mass of pipes or not ) The 2503 has been one hell of a machine for Wacker & there has been no reason to "  fix what is not broken "  :thumbup1:  If you have a look at the latest models, ET16, ET20, ET24, EZ38, EZ80 ect ect you will see they are one of the smartest machines on the market today with 36 month Warranty.

" My rant is finished now, we do have a lot of time for the Wacker product as you now know " :2gunsfiring_v1:

I looked at Wacker when I was looking at 1.8t machines. The only thing that put me off was the price. Happy to pay for quality but our local dealer wanted an extra 3k+ over comparable Volvo and 6k over equvilant Takeuchi. Shame cos wacker looked like a top machine- but couldn’t see where the extra £6k was really going.