Stihl v Husqvarna resale price

D.G.F.S.

I have a 560 and love it but would not be keen second hand for the following

Yes they rev their nut off. Cant be good for the longer term but makes a great saw today

There were a hell of lot of threads on here about starting issues when warm and have seen this first hand with other peoples 560s

There have been a fair few which have seized. Husqvarna are very prescriptive about the oil that should be used in them and I suspect some of the seizes are down to this. 

When buying second hand you have no idea how someone else has used a machine and the quality of the oil used. Off the back of this if I was buying SH I would be looking for a lower revving low tech saw not a hi tech screaming dervish like the 560

• Like 1

I have a 560 and love it but would not be keen second hand for the following

Yes they rev their nut off. Cant be good for the longer term but makes a great saw today

There were a hell of lot of threads on here about starting issues when warm and have seen this first hand with other peoples 560s

There have been a fair few which have seized. Husqvarna are very prescriptive about the oil that should be used in them and I suspect some of the seizes are down to this. 

When buying second hand you have no idea how someone else has used a machine and the quality of the oil used. Off the back of this if I was buying SH I would be looking for a lower revving low tech saw not a hi tech screaming dervish like the 560

Yeah I’ve read quit a few things about the poor starting with the 560 which is a bit of a concern. I’m considering buying new but I’ve never really run huskys before apart from a mates 560 for a bit. My Stihl machines have always been very reliable but I’ve not heard many good reports about the 362 whereas people seem to favour the 560. But if I’m spending £650+ on a saw I want to know it’s going to last and be dependable....

Husqvarnas rev their nuts off ? What's max rpm on 560xp and a comparable Stihl model ? Max power rpm on the 560xp is still 9,600rpm, similar for the MS362 which doesn't sound like nuts off territory to me. They have rev boost but that's just for a faster pick up. 

54 minutes ago, D.G.F.S. said:

Yeah I’ve read quit a few things about the poor starting with the 560 which is a bit of a concern. I’m considering buying new but I’ve never really run huskys before apart from a mates 560 for a bit. My Stihl machines have always been very reliable but I’ve not heard many good reports about the 362 whereas people seem to favour the 560. But if I’m spending £650+ on a saw I want to know it’s going to last and be dependable....

put it this way, i said i'd never buy a husky, i tried to the 560 and now i have 1 and another husky saw... don't buy second hand though.

get a 560 and put a decent 15" bar on it and you'll never look back!!

Husqvarnas rev their nuts off ? What's max rpm on 560xp and a comparable Stihl model ? Max power rpm on the 560xp is still 9,600rpm, similar for the MS362 which doesn't sound like nuts off territory to me. They have rev boost but that's just for a faster pick up. 

I could be wrong but that figure 9,600rpm I would of thought is when it achieves max power.. I’m sure the max rpm is going to be higher.... I will try and stick one on a tacho and see.

A 560 will rev to a little over 14,000 and is monitored by the AT unit. That maximum RPM is no different than most pro 60cc saws on the market! I think people remember the 242XP and 346XP and it has stuck as ALL Husqvarnas rev like mad!

Modern saws burn a lot less fuel, less fuel means less oil and therefore bearing manufacturers and oil manufacturers have a job to do to ensure these areas are working well. Popping down to the garden centre and sticking some red shyte in your spanking 560 isn't the best idea.

I love the comment "End Off" as if it was some sort of decisive and final comment to beat all and comes from a higher being than us mere mortals.

I had a boss that liked the "End Off" comment and he was a twat and not half as smart as he like to think he was:001_rolleyes:

PS - not calling the fella that used the comment a twat as I don't know him!

• Like 3

put it this way, i said i'd never buy a husky, i tried to the 560 and now i have 1 and another husky saw... don't buy second hand though.
get a 560 and put a decent 15" bar on it and you'll never look back!!

Touché. I always thought huskys to be a lesser quality saw but the newer xp models have made me think twice and given people’s responses I would be willing to try give one a proper go. 560 or 562 though? ?