D-Day Pricing! I'll fight them on these beeches, victory at £100?! Kiss mine...

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These beech have all been FELLED. None were anywhere near 100ft tall. Perhaps 1 or 2 NEEDED to be cut down.

The tree that crushed the cars was absolutely rotten through with Ganoderma add/app and honey fungus. At 5m the stem rot was virtually complete. Root plate and buttress were powder and cornflakes.

No inspection was carried out on the trees hence the accident.

Perhaps if theyd taken me up on my offer last year they could be suing me rather than being sued themselves .....ho hum ; )

BTW they still missed the rotten Ustulina'd tree that I spotted from 50 yds away so perhaps there will be another story next year.

These beech have all been FELLED. None were anywhere near 100ft tall. Perhaps 1 or 2 NEEDED to be cut down.

The tree that crushed the cars was absolutely rotten through with Ganoderma add/app and honey fungus. At 5m the stem rot was virtually complete. Root plate and buttress were powder and cornflakes.

Perhaps if theyd taken me up on my offer last year they could be suing me rather than being sued themselves .....ho hum ; )

BTW they still missed the rotten Ustulina'd tree that I spotted from 50 yds away so perhaps there will be another story next year.

Spill the beans then......details and price to put an end to this saga pleeeeaaaasse:001_smile::001_smile:

Not guilty on the felling (back cuts 4 " higher than dip so must have been a farmer/oldskool boy).

Just a sad case of bad tree management, bad post accident analysis of remaining tree stock and the guilty pleasure of a recent few site visits that they didnt ask for !

have you been to have a look then? Height? What did you reckon then?!

Seems wierd; on friday the SHDC TO was there depicting quite the opposite.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

have you been to have a look then? Height? What did you reckon then?!

Seems wierd; on friday the SHDC TO was there depicting quite the opposite.

80ft on some 60 to 70 on others. Medium trees I reckon but I have just done 3 of the the biggest beech dismantles of my life so may be underestimating! They were pretty much all fellable though.

Local TO was there but so was I with a knowledgable chum. They had a limited life span it was true so not worth sticking his neck out on maybe. I personally have seen worse. The big one that fell was clearly not good condition.