Gobby punk had an accident p

gobbypunk

Hi guys home from the hospital and with no accident insurance in place things are looking grim might end up having to go e up my workshop and yard there is just no help at all, what is going on when you work hard then have an accident and its just hey tough why do I pay my tax I tell you it ain't right ok rant over back to fracture clinic on Monday hope they take the pins out of my ankle for a cast at least then I could get around better

Cheers Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh no ! Magee ! Def dont sit on yr arse - try n get as mobile as possible - it will help the healing process ( blood flow )  , I had my leg shattered in a bike smash n two weeks on crutches did me in ( Woke up with a throbbing black leg more than once due to swelling of muscle tissues ) ! Cycling helped as  I got further n kept my morale up . Crutches bungeed to bike frame . An it aint easy mate , sorry , K

Oh yeah as soon as I can make even small things I will be , what I need is a extra large metal ball to use as a former got a load of small cogs on order and I am going to have a go at some cog spheres for some steampunk lights etc so if any of you have a big ball bearing you don't want I would give it a good home I just can't go to the scrap yard and look myself oh and to put the icing on the cake I have a chopper being built for me so got to mend as soon as Thanks again for all your kind words 

Cheers Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark

Just wondered how you're doing - recovering well I hope.  You haven't updated this thread for 10 days - I'm sure quite a few people on here are thinking about you.  A bit like Khriss, years ago I was laid up for a few weeks recovering from an accident so I'm feeling your frustration.

Thanks AB recovering ok slowly but getting there pins come out of my ankle next Friday for a cast but I will be able to get out and about and got a removable split on my wrist so mending ok lots of greens milk and supplements oh and beer , on meds called Fragmin to stop me getting a blood clot got to inject it into my stomach and its F####ng horrible on the plus side our housing association has installed a nice shower for me  and the landlady of my workshop was so cool and understanding so fingers crossed I will not loose my workshop and that was such a relief , and just going nuts with boredom will keep you all updated on my recovery Thanks to everyone for your messages we do have a cool community on hear

Cheers Mark