Does anyone hire out things to collect chip and logs

Charleton Chips

I don’t. Very rare that I get a job that anything gets taken away from but would be nice to have the option. I don’t know the difference between a skip that goes on a lorry as opposed to a skip that goes on a trailer but as long as you can walk into it, drive a skidsteer/mini digger into it and blow chip into it, I can’t see the downside.

So does anyone think the idea may work or has anyone do a similar idea or same thing
Its going to come down to the numbers. How much are you going to charge? Would someone pay that? What will it cost you to do this/profit? Start up costs - dozens of roro's are a reasonable investment.

Looking at your avatar i see you have a dropstaddt shredder. Are you able to deal with fence panels?
The number of times i pull down a fence covered in ivy, they are a nightmare to get rid of
+1. Wood waste (general or construction) is expensive to get rid of. Local to me its 5x the price of green waste.

I've been thinking about expanding my green waste recycling business and offering a hire services for tree surgeons when they doing big jobs. So they could hire either a grain trailer or a 40yd skip so they can chip into or put logs in to be taken away. So does anyone offer this service. 

I have a similar setup to you albeit on a smaller scale. It’s also something we are starting to offer as we have not long bought a six wheel hook loader and we offer a free tip for chip and logs to local lads. I have just been charging for my time in the truck to deliver and collect the bin. Hope this helps.
Chris

On 16/01/2018 at 07:23, Mulcherman Chris said:

I have a similar setup to you albeit on a smaller scale. It’s also something we are starting to offer as we have not long bought a six wheel hook loader and we offer a free tip for chip and logs to local lads. I have just been charging for my time in the truck to deliver and collect the bin. Hope this helps.
Chris

What size bin you use 

What size bin you use 

I use a 40yd bin. At the minute I only have the one and a plant body for moving my machines around. But if we need more than one to run on rotation I’ve got a mate that is local who has usually got a couple sat in the yard doing nothing.

The one chap I collect from gets his mate in to load it with his avant. Took us about an hour to load through the back door. 556ec3200e0b0a0929d5b72d1992c0c0.jpg0e925e9ebdd01caf4514fde8a9b8ade9.jpg

On 18/01/2018 at 22:45, Mulcherman Chris said:

I use a 40yd bin. At the minute I only have the one and a plant body for moving my machines around. But if we need more than one to run on rotation I’ve got a mate that is local who has usually got a couple sat in the yard doing nothing.

The one chap I collect from gets his mate in to load it with his avant. Took us about an hour to load through the back door. 556ec3200e0b0a0929d5b72d1992c0c0.jpg0e925e9ebdd01caf4514fde8a9b8ade9.jpg

Do you charge for log and chip. And do you collect green waste 

Do you charge for log and chip. And do you collect green waste 

Forgot to add. No we don’t take green waste. I used to let a couple of lads tip green and fence panels on the fire pile for a small fee. I had to put a stop to this though as others who hadn’t asked took it upon themselves to tip when I wasn’t around and not pay and within a couple of weeks I had a monster fire which was difficult to burn safely.
We have toyed with the idea of getting a shredder and advertising as a tip site but went off the idea as you can’t regulate who comes onto your property.