Makita DCS520 mods

Acerforestry

Tooooooo many people have played around with these saws and completely killed them. Replacement cylinders do not exist so when it goes pop, you lose it forever.

Dolmar got the 115 spot on 30 years ago and it is now a legend - don't f**k about with it.

I am a big fan of Dolmar/Makita saws

I work on many brands of chainsaws and have for many years.

The Makita DCS 520 is basically a newer version of the Dolmar 111---115 and 540.

As was stated --to some people, the 115 closed port is the most desirable. My personal, go to saw, is a  Dolmar 115 and just sold a Makits 540.

With the many D/M saws I have built, I have never ported one but just do a muffler mod and tune to four stroke out of cut.

This link is probably not what you are looking for but informative.

https://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/dolmar/free-porting-piston/

Somewhere on this computer, I have porting info for your saw, that will interest you.

When found, I will post.

Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...
Hi, I've been offered a DCS520 for £175... Should I go for it? No experience with Makita saws.
Should be a decent saw. Not incredibly cheap but if its had little use, not too dear either. If you hunt about you might save 50quid!

Probs worth bearing in mind you can get a new 43cc makita for 235quid. And they are half decent too

WWW.FASTFIX.CO.UK

The Makita EA4300F38C chainsaw features a 43cc 2-stroke engine that provides 3hp and is ideal for landscapers and land owners. Starting is easy thanks to Makita’s “easy start” system and M2M vibration dampening make this unit ideal for extended use.