A fox for tea..

Vespasian

Fair enough, humans have quite a lot to answer for I agree.

Just 'cos I have long hair, doesn't mean I am a hippy, I am a realist.

I eat meat because I like it.  Animals are bred for slaughter.  That might be wrong some people's eyes but I am a realist and it is the way of the majority of the world.

Birds in a battery farm scenario are poor creatures and don't deserve those conditions.  What about the rescued hens that are then ripped to shreds when a homeowners coup is ravaged by a fox?  

I have shot foxes as pest control for farmers up North.  I also shoot for the pot and later be to eat edible which I have killed.  Not foxes might I add.

Most country side folk I know and have encountered are not really that fond of foxes and I have to admit I agree with them.

(They also have a liking for Nissan Navara ABS sensors, 3 times the little buggers chewed through mine.  Costing a fair penny from Nissan to get repaired)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Fair enough, humans have quite a lot to answer for I agree.

Just 'cos I have long hair, doesn't mean I am a hippy, I am a realist.

I eat meat because I like it.  Animals are bred for slaughter.  That might be wrong some people's eyes but I am a realist and it is the way of the majority of the world.

Birds in a battery farm scenario are poor creatures and don't deserve those conditions.  What about the rescued hens that are then ripped to shreds when a homeowners coup is ravaged by a fox?  

I have shot foxes as pest control for farmers up North.  I also shoot for the pot and later be to eat edible which I have killed.  Not foxes might I add.

Most country side folk I know and have encountered are not really that fond of foxes and I have to admit I agree with them.

(They also have a liking for Nissan Navara ABS sensors, 3 times the little buggers chewed through mine.  Costing a fair penny from Nissan to get repaired)

Yes, I eat farmed meat too. I firmly believe it to be ethically problematic but I do it anyway.

I am really excited by the prospect of lab cultured meat. Once this becomes an affordable proposition we can make huge inroads into some of the biggest problems around animal welfare and the health of our planet.

1 hour ago, the village idiot said:

If you really want to do justice to the 'crimes against chickens' issue you need to be talking about human beings, not foxes.

I've not eaten chicken for decades now since we saw them being sorted as day olds and the rejects thrown into a dustbin to suffocate not even necked. I do like eggs though but only buy free range or local farm eggs when possible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the village idiot said:

Yes, I eat farmed meat too. I firmly believe it to be ethically problematic but I do it anyway.

I am really excited by the prospect of lab cultured meat. Once this becomes an affordable proposition we can make huge inroads into some of the biggest problems around animal welfare and the health of our planet.

Not as problematic as you may think, the Chicken has everything it would ever want in life right up untill it’s put on a wagon and then that’s it. It would be nice if all meat was wild game but there’s just too many mouths to feed these days.

Last night I heard a noise in my garage, I went in there, thinking it was thieves but I found a winged horse, it was obviously in pain because the  smarties it was farting out it’s rear end were all red rather than the usual ? rainbow.

Anyway I nursed it back to health overnight and to thank me we went on a wonderful ride through the skies where I saw a snowman (or something) 

A bit later it had some foals and brought them round my house to show me to thank me (or something)

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Last night I heard a noise in my garage, I went in there, thinking it was thieves but I found a winged horse, it was obviously in pain because the  smarties it was farting out it’s rear end we’re all red rather than the usual ? rainbow.

Anyway I nursed it back to health overnight and to thank me we went on a wonderful ride through the skies where I saw a snowman (or something) 

A bit later it had some foals and brought them round my house to show me to thank me (or something)

What a heartwarming tale, Mick.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheepy said:

Not as problematic as you may think, the Chicken has everything it would ever want in life right up untill it’s put on a wagon and then that’s it. It would be nice if all meat was wild game but there’s just too many mouths to feed these days.

I'd pretty much agree with you for the most expensive chicken. These animals have a pretty decent life.

Unfortunately a lot of people can't afford expensive meat, and it is not for me to say that they shouldn't eat cheap meat. It is not possible to produce farmed meat humanely at the prices many of us want to pay.

I would like to see ethical meat available to all, and cultured meat seems like the perfect solution.

People get a bit queesy at the idea of cultured meat, but it has many benefits. It is real meat, just not grown on an animal. It contains no antibiotics, causes no animal suffering and relieves a huge amount of pressure from habitat destruction, fresh water usage, and animal feed mono crops.

It takes anywhere from 440 to 2500 gallons of water and 12 pounds of grain to produce one pound of beef.

In the US, 56 million acres of land are used to grow animal feed, while only 4 million acres are producing plants for humans to eat.

• Like 1