Forestry work boots again!!!

cessna

I did not really know where to put this thread so please excuse me if it is in the wrong place,I do firewood. I need to buy some really hardwearing  boots for working on steep wet banks doing forestry work that I have just taken on. I am sure it has been asked many times before   but please can any of you that are making your living doing forestry work recomend an excellent make of boot to go for that will "LAST "in the harsh environment of the forest.  I do not mind paying for "quality",BUT  I hate being ripped off  by paying for  brand name rather than quality i.e I do not want to buy Husvarna /Stihl branded boots when they are made buy another company. Many thanks.

11 hours ago, bilke_user said:

Nokian chainsaw wellies or Haix leather chainsaw bots

Nooooo ! Not wellies . THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE THINGS ON THE PLANET  .

Leather chainsaw boots of your choice , the thing is look after them . Clean the crap of them , dry them slowly and feed them with Leder Gris or Nike Wax or similar .

• Like 1

Many thanks for your replies,I might be wrong but I was thinking that forest under foot conditions will be much harder on boots ,than Arborists would encounter if they are mainly working in suburban conditions, with a lot of concrete and tarmac under foot once they climb down from the trees.  

I bought a pair of Husqvarna Technicals yesterday. I'd intended to get either Arbortec Scafells or Meindl woodwalkers but it came down to fit in the end. I'm not sure they'll last as long as the others and they won't be getting a lot of forest time but goes to show you need to try a few on and if they feel right then they probably are.

21 hours ago, cessna said:

Many thanks for your replies,I might be wrong but I was thinking that forest under foot conditions will be much harder on boots ,than Arborists would encounter if they are mainly working in suburban conditions, with a lot of concrete and tarmac under foot once they climb down from the trees.  

Your right that arborists are kinder on the soles with less walking, but climbing kills boots and soles due to them getting squeezed in forks etc all the time unless your always on spikes but then you need stiffer shanked boots.

25 minutes ago, htb said:

Your right that arborists are kinder on the soles with less walking, but climbing kills boots and soles due to them getting squeezed in forks etc all the time unless your always on spikes but then you need stiffer shanked boots.

Hi good pair of boots working in forestry should last 3-4 years if looked after mine are the basic still ranger and had for 4 years now, soles are in great condition with plenty of tread left ( no tarmac or concrete to where the soles out in the woods) but insides are now going done new pair coming soon which will be meindl wood walkers.

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 19:48, Stubby said:

Nooooo ! Not wellies . THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE THINGS ON THE PLANET  .

Leather chainsaw boots of your choice , the thing is look after them . Clean the crap of them , dry them slowly and feed them with Leder Gris or Nike Wax or similar .

I'm lucky as I've never had a problem with wellies being uncomfortable.

If it's a really mucky site I wouldn't look passed the wellies, much easier cleaned and maintained than leather boots.

• Like 3