Helmet help - Husky Forest technical

chrisjpainter

my new helmet came today. After looking around a fair amount, I went for the Husky Forest Technical. fits beautifully, great visor and is a fair bit lighter than the normal work ones. Downside? The ear defenders won't stay clipped on. it came ready connected (or so I thought) but the first time I came to put the helmet on, I clicked the defender out and it dropped off in my hand. Every time it happens, and I'm sure they're seated correctly. Anyone else had this? bad choice by me for helmet? I read a fair few reviews and no one mentioned this...

19 minutes ago, TheHungrySquirrel said:

I have one and love it. Make sure the little tabs are engaged on the inside of the defenders

they are. the casings for the defenders are well attached, it's the arms falling out of the casings that's the problem, if that makes sense? picture may help...

Capture.JPG

If the ear defenders are not inserted all the way. Then invert each one, so that each muff in turn is pointing skyward; and push down into side socket until you hear/feel a loud snap. First one, then the other. Damn sight easier to push them in, than to try dragging them down and in.

17 minutes ago, TGB said:

If the ear defenders are not inserted all the way. Then invert each one, so that each muff in turn is pointing skyward; and push down into side socket until you hear/feel a loud snap. First one, then the other. Damn sight easier to push them in, than to try dragging them down and in.

Just tried that. It definitely feels tight in and seems to rotate fine, as if seated right, but when you click them out so they're not tight to the ear, they spring back with such force that it seems to spring out of the casing. 

The metal strip that sits in the plastic casing at the top has a habit of coming out or the plastic lip breaks off , if it has not broken off pry it back in with a combi spanner is usually the easiest way of getting them spot on again.. you have to really look as it’s only a case of barely a few mm.

• Thanks 1