Wagon and drag load of timber to processed firewood

Lukey boy1

I had a wagon and drag delivery of seasoned larch and spruce in 5m lengths last month.  Load was full to the bolster tops and was pretty light (21t)
I got 95 bags (90x90x90cm) out of it  Half processed to 8 inch and the other half to 16 inch.  As good a result from a load as I've had.  Previous best was 82 bags, but stuff was a bit heavier and not to bolster tops

• Like 1

We work off 1.8 cube per ton hardwood (it will vary slightly by species). We don't sell it by the bag but we fill for someone else and 1.8 cube fills two 90x90x90 bags.

It depends on the size of the lorry but I think our last few loads were around 25ton so 50 bags roughly. 

• Like 1

I had a wagon and drag delivery of seasoned larch and spruce in 5m lengths last month.  Load was full to the bolster tops and was pretty light (21t)
I got 95 bags (90x90x90cm) out of it  Half processed to 8 inch and the other half to 16 inch.  As good a result from a load as I've had.  Previous best was 82 bags, but stuff was a bit heavier and not to bolster tops

How much a tonne did you pay for that? And how much do you sell a bag at? Good going getting 95 bags!

Roughly 45 cube. Best we’ve had is 52 cube from a sorted load of 10-16” 2.5m hardwood, mostly ash and sycamore.
Worst was 38 and it was 80% birch first thinnings. Nothing bigger than 10”. Wagon and drag was full right to the top too. Lots of air in that load!