What's your at work protocol?

forestboy1978

7 minutes ago, peatff said:

They reckon St John's wort is good for treating depression :thumbup:

It is. I use it. But I don't suffer bad. Just get the blues now and then. Definitely works for mild depression for me. Quite quick acting too. And no, it's not placebo cos I expect nothing to work for anything, and nothing usually does. 

Edited by forestboy1978
OCD - spelling error

Most of my work is within 15-20 mins from my house so tend to get up for 7ish, ish, ish. Spend an hour getting ready, porridge, tea, discuss the days events with my 2 year old.

usually get to the job for 9 and usually knock of work around 5- later in the summer, with a break at 11 and lunch at 2ish.

I sit in a machine most of the day with an occasional spurt of manual labour throughout, so quite happy to keep working into an evening if I like the job.

Usually get up between 5 and 6,  i skulk about quietly  so as not to awaken her or the cat.  Brew up some coffee and sit on the sofa with no lights on staring out into the darkness that is between my garden and Dartmoor which is 20 odd miles away,  i marvel at the diamante like lights i see twinkling in the distance and wonder what 'they are up to'.  I sit quietly and almost motionless just sipping and staring till the feckin' cat comes looking for food/attention.  Bowel of porridge with some honey then it's time to either sharpen a saw or simply load the kit on the truck and we leave the yard between 7.30--8am.

break time is usually 10.30 am for a max of 30 mins or alot less if we need to crack on and usually consists of pate and Nairns rough scottish oatcakes, fruit and homemade CAKE (i loike CAKE),   lunchtime is around 1 or 2 pm and can be short or long depending on how much we have left to get done and usually consists of something homemade loike a winter stew or a broth of some kind.

We have been known to stop for a beverage on the way home from time to time.

Anyway     @forestboy1978   26 year old gurlfriend you say,  pics or it ain't true!

Edited by wicklamulla
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wicklamulla said:

so as not to awaken her or the cat.  

Our cats rarely wake up when I get up.

But should the missus get up, they crowd around their food bowls screaming for food and then smirking as I get moaned at cos I haven’t noticed that they’re all starving and wasting away through malnourishment. 

I know that they do it on purpose>:(

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, wicklamulla said:

Usually get up between 5 and 6,  i skulk about quietly  so as not to awaken her or the cat.  Brew up some coffee and sit on the sofa with no lights on staring out into the darkness that is between my garden and Dartmoor which is 20 odd miles away,  i marvel at the diamante like lights i see twinkling in the distance and wonder what 'they are up to'.  I sit quietly and almost motionless just sipping and staring till the feckin' cat comes looking for food/attention.  Bowel of porridge with some honey then it's time to either sharpen a saw or simply load the kit on the truck and we leave the yard between 7.30--8am.

break time is usually 10.30 am for a max of 30 mins or alot less if we need to crack on and usually consists of pate and Nairns rough scottish oatcakes, fruit and homemade CAKE (i loike CAKE),   lunchtime is around 1 or 2 pm and can be short or long depending on how much we have left to get done and usually consists of something homemade loike a winter stew or a broth of some kind.

We have been known to stop for a beverage on the way home from time to time.

Anyway     @forestboy1978   26 year old gurlfriend you say,  pics or it ain't true!

video-0-02-06-f13b87d99d59c327367afaa1d79b5ff5d5160e1a909656a33dbb2732755a3154-V_Moment.jpg

• Haha 1