What's your at work protocol?

forestboy1978

Up around 6, coffee and fags before getting into work for around seven or so. Half seven, more coffee and fags while discussing the day’s job(s) with the lads.

More coffee and fags while driving round looking at jobs, site meetings, stuck in office or on site with lads. 

Get home between five & seven, after walking the dogs, coffee and fags while doing my own reports before dinner around nine or so. 

Doughnuts, buns or a bit of cake ( with a coffee) if I get peckish during the day.

Maybe I should cut the sweet stuff from my diet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Up around 6, coffee and fags before getting into work for around seven or so. Half seven, more coffee and fags while discussing the day’s job(s) with the lads.

More coffee and fags while driving round looking at jobs, site meetings, stuck in office or on site with lads. 

Get home between five & seven, after walking the dogs, coffee and fags while doing my own reports before dinner around nine or so. 

Doughnuts, buns or a bit of cake ( with a coffee) if I get peckish during the day.

Maybe I should cut the sweet stuff from my diet?

We're identical on the diet front mate. 

I spend time between coffee breaks climbing though. Still have to smoke in the tree mind. Its only considerate when you've knocked a big limb out in top of the previous one.

• Haha 2

Up at 6.15, walk dog, come back, boiled egg, then watch the news, go to the toilet, drink Tea.

Load the trucks and leave at eight, get to job, drink some tea before starting.

10.30 tea break (I will normally come down from the tree for that) 

12.30 ish, short lunch break with tea.

During the afternoon regular stops depending on fatigue or tip runs.

Always aim to finish before 4.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Khriss said:

I think you have it just abt spot on there ,  Mick :) Gary you missed out the sit down beer in garden aftrwards ;) K

( StihlMad....... 'hippy ' ..get out of my cab :P )

I knocked the afterwork beer(s) on the head ten years ago - you can have too much of a good thing after all. :blushing:

14 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

These days I like my Breaks and fatigue real fast if I don’t stop and eat properly 

Too right and it really kicks in over 60.

It was a big problem to me on railway night shifts towards the end but I saw it in younger chaps too. Fresh teams on two 6 hour shifts did far more than 1 team on a 12 but the boss and network rail didn't stop to think about actual productivity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Up at 6.15, walk dog, come back, boiled egg, then watch the news, go to the toilet, drink Tea.

Load the trucks and leave at eight, get to job, drink some tea before starting.

10.30 tea break (I will normally come down from the tree for that) 

12.30 ish, short lunch break with tea.

During the afternoon regular stops depending on fatigue or tip runs.

Always aim to finish before 4.

gissajob Gunga Din