What's your at work protocol?

forestboy1978

Alarm goes off at 6, my good lady goes and makes coffee and cheesy scrambled eggs and tinned plum tomorrows (some times porridge)

Sit in bed eating and watching the news on tv until it gets light out, then head into the yard. Generally arrive on site by 9, often pick up another coffee on route. If I'm climbing I generally stay up the tree till lunch, usually around 12. Lunch is a salad with  meat of some sort.

Most days head home 4.30 to 5 or when dark, whichever comes first. Home made meal is waiting for me most days, today it's a roast chicken dinner.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Crawl out of bed 7.15am, in the yard for 7.45, generally on site by 8.30, or before if I have underquoted it and am desperately trying to claw my way back in to control.

usually stop for a pasty or a cheese and bacon slice on the way. I would say 10am break is vastly more important to me then 1pm lunch as I am too lazy to allow myself time for breakfast. 20 minutes at lunch and then usually snack like ? on the drive home to the extent I usually don’t have much for dinner. 

I’m still young so can get away such an appaling diet, but I am aware routine is something I need to work on

Up at 6, let the dogs out, put the kettle on  and chuck a few logs on the Woodburner to get it going again. Pop into the Oval Office and get that done then cup of tea make sandwiches and print out job sheets. Take misses up a cup of tea. Let chickens/ducks out, chuck some hay out for the sheep and feed the pigs. Leave home about 7.25 to get to the yard for 730. Sort gear out to leave the yard at 8 to be onsite for 815-830 ish depending on where we are. Tea break at 10ish then lunch around 1. Look to leave site at 330-4ish to be tipped off and packed away by 430

• Like 3