What's your at work protocol?

forestboy1978

Yeah so I'm turning 40 in 2 months and oddly enough I'm feeling as fit and healthy as ever. Mrs is 26 though so... well... I feel 26 too haha

Anyhow, I've developed a new routine. Basically, I get up and do my thing, sit there half comatosed for about half hour while I drink my morning coffee.  I then make myself a large bowl of porridge with manuka honey, cinemon and milk. Hard to get it down as I am not hungry in the morning unless I'm hungover but I force it down. 

Well... shit.. stuff works! 

I basically work flat out from 08.30- 15.30 or the job is finished, whichever comes first. No lunch. 

If I have guys working with me I ask them if they want to do that and so far everyone has said yes. You beat the rush hour traffic. No sluggish downtime post lunch break. 

I find the day is faster, I get more done and I'm back early to the Mrs.

OFC I stop for water of coffee from my thermos but that's minutes out of day. I have some snack bars in the van if I start to fatigue, usually 2 ish if it happens. 

Works great for me this new routine. 3 months so far and I think I'll be keeping it. 

Greens drink (just powdered brocolli,kale,seaweed etc) with a banana when i get up at 6:00,take dog out,make a coffee and eat porridge with honey and blueberries.get into work for 7.30 dont stop till 11.30 then lunch,usually brown rice/pasta with some sort of homemade tomato sauce ,veg and lean meat. Thats see's me through till knockin off at 4pm

If i get peckish i keep cashew nuts and mixed raisins in a freezer bag in my large side pocket on my trousers,usually only crack into those if im on a big climb though...

• Like 2