Tree work in Spain.

TIMON

I have brought back a few chainsaws, mainly top handle Stihl's, from Spain, when the pound was at a good rate! I just put them in my large suitcase, but these where new and always insisted that the dealer didn't run them before hand and leave them in the box.

Not sure you would get away with that with used machines.

Have you thought about driving?

Martyn

I know you want your own gear over there ideally, but the Echo units in the web image are actually fine, really if you have to hire. I'm going to get a CS-590 ground saw sent over from the US, and to hell with the warranty; It'd be about 400 delivered here with the import charges, as opposed to about 700 from a dealer here. Why is a lot of our gear so much more expensive than the States?

Thanks for the reply’s. Will check out Martyn’s link and if not will go with the echo’s
I don’t want to risk getting delayed or having to drive, if it was more than a weeks work then I might have considered it.
Will post pics of the work.
[emoji106]

Sounds a nice little gig Timon, bit of a working holiday. It'll be lovely and warm there I'm sure.

Hi Sime. It’ll be a nice change for sure, but I don’t think it’ll be much warmer. I’ve done work over there in the summer and it was hard, even with a siesta. [emoji41]

IMG_5492.jpg

• 3 months later...

Can't offer any advice other than Madrid was bloody cold when I went earlier in the year! I'd love to get the chance to work in Spain at somepoint but have heard there's not much in the way of Arb over there which has certainly been my experience too. 

Jesus Fernandaz Salageuro (or sommat like that) a Madrid born Spaniard,

stated that the climate in Madrid was;

6 months of Winter, followed by 6 months of Hell.

I remember at the time  thinking how we all choose to complain about the weather!

mth