Milling Job Gerrards Cross Bucks

Saj

Hello all,

I am looking for someone to mill a fallen oak tree for me. My chainsaw is too small for this job and i am no expert in milling .

The tree is an Oak and it has all its limbs removed and is ready to be milled. Its around 5m in length and around 70cm to 80cm in diamater at the base.

If there is anyone in the south bucks area that is willing to mill it we can work out a cash deal or perhaps share some material.

the picture attached is where it fell on my workshop prior to the all branchs being cut . Now it is lying on the ground in the same area.

IMG_4013.PNG

• Like 1

Saj hello can you supply more pictures, it looks as if the trunk may not be sound by the holes evident, also the bark seems more like horse chestnut, has the tree broken away from the roots, is so a picture of this area will help, also a picture of a cross section of the tree. thank you

sorry guys just logged in.

the tree has broken from the roots as it was rotten at the base (but there was no indication from the outside to the untrained eye!) , but it was still growing and green with leaves every year before it fell in October . I cut as much as i could with my small Stihl and it does seem solid.

If you are in Maidenhead , why not pop over and take a look. i just didn't want to waste all this wood if it is actually decent.

I have a log burner so it will still be used either way but if i can use the wood productively ,at least some of it that would be better.

If it is Oak i am sure we can share any useful lumber.

i am around this weekend if you want to take a look. i added a few pics including one where it was still up.

thanks

Saj.

IMG_3156.JPG

IMG_3907.JPG

IMG_4005.PNG