Sugar

mountainboy

Hmm. the "natural news" article appears to be based on hearsay rather than any scientific research.  The quote you provide even admits "very little studies exist on its side effects"  and goes on to suggest that eating large quantities may make you fart and splutter a bit.
I am always extremely wary of non peer reviewed articles like this.  I am not saying you are wrong, just that I am not convinced by that particular article.  Do you have any scientific papers that back this up?
No scientific papers to back it up as he says and you highlighted no real research has been done.. Don't get me wrong it is far better for you than everyday sugar cane sugars and I would use this over sugar if given the option. But personally i try and steer clear of using any kind of sugar...

Sugar and salt are the work of the devil. I try to avoid both.

When I say avoid all I mean is if I have a brew I don't put sugar in and I don't use salt when cooking or add salt afterwards. But if salts and sugars are in the food I'm eating I wouldn't not eat it.

You get enough sugar from food without the need to add any extra. 

If you need sugar in a brew reduce your intake by half a spoon for a week, continue this until your on zero sugar you’ll not look back. It’s hard to avoid in food but if you eat fresh and healthy you’ll be ok. 

20 minutes ago, Arctostaphylos uva-ursi said:

I hear yah.  Having just been through Christmas it would be hard for anyone to avoid sugar.  My personal downfall is milk chocolate which is pure fat and sugar and not much else!

I have never had a sweet tooth always preferred more proper food however I stopped the booze 7 month ago to do the wife’s pregnancy dry with her, it has had a profound effect the money I saved has been spent on Lindt!! The wife jokes it would be healthier for me to drink again :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WesD said:

I have never had a sweet tooth always preferred more proper food however I stopped the booze 7 month ago to do the wife’s pregnancy dry with her, it has had a profound effect the money I saved has been spent on Lindt!! The wife jokes it would be healthier for me to drink again :D

Yeah those chocolate balls will be the end of me.

You get enough sugar from food without the need to add any extra. 

If you need sugar in a brew reduce your intake by half a spoon for a week, continue this until your on zero sugar you’ll not look back. It’s hard to avoid in food but if you eat fresh and healthy you’ll be ok. 
I went off sugar in my brew almost over night...

I have an almost ocd routine of a morning the first thing I do is make a brew at 0600. I did this and thought my brew was weirdly sweet so I assumed I had put sugar in twice meaning there would have been 4 tea spoons in. So I made another cuppa tea and ut tasted the exact same. It was weird I have never had sugar in my brew since.

No scientific papers to back it up as he says and you highlighted no real research has been done.. Don't get me wrong it is far better for you than everyday sugar cane sugars and I would use this over sugar if given the option. But personally i try and steer clear of using any kind of sugar...

Sugar and salt are the work of the devil. I try to avoid both.

When I say avoid all I mean is if I have a brew I don't put sugar in and I don't use salt when cooking or add salt afterwards. But if salts and sugars are in the food I'm eating I wouldn't not eat it.
Salt work of the devil [emoji23]
  • Like 1

I went off sugar in my brew almost over night...

I have an almost ocd routine of a morning the first thing I do is make a brew at 0600. I did this and thought my brew was weirdly sweet so I assumed I had put sugar in twice meaning there would have been 4 tea spoons in. So I made another cuppa tea and ut tasted the exact same. It was weird I have never had sugar in my brew since.
I have put a video on sodium try watching it
  • Like 1