Another 40 year old just starting

forestboy1978

44 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Can't tell if you're having  a dig or a compliment. No offence. Lots of people on here seems to like to put you down so apologies if you're not having a dig. 

Not having a dig at all. Can see why its been a ball ache of a job! Fair play taking it on

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Alex O said:

Sometimes climbing will both ends of your rope can be helpful if your strop isn’t long enough to get you higher.

Dunno what you mean mate. 

Do you mean anchor hitch a rope from say 2 sides of the tree and then just absail from one end to the other off a lanyard so you can go low or high and cut as you go?

We covered that. using the other end of the rope in the course I was on. I even  had to use it in my CS39 assessment, to get a triangular point. Then while cutting the darn saw was pushing me around to much, So then had to use the strop as well.   I'm not saying I’m good, i5 was just what I had to do..

thats if if I understood what your putting down

Edited by Wonky
  • Like 2

Dunno what you mean mate. 

Do you mean anchor hitch a rope from say 2 sides of the tree and then just absail from one end to the other off a lanyard so you can go low or high and cut as you go?

Buy using the other end of your rope might just get you up a different top in a big tree, would just need to carry a spare pursik or whatever you want to climb on.then while climbing up on that end your main anchor can be slackened off transferring your weight on to your other line. Good effort by the way,
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Alex O said:

Buy using the other end of your rope might just get you up a different top in a big tree, would just need to carry a spare pursik or whatever you want to climb on.then while climbing up on that end your main anchor can be slackened off transferring your weight on to your other line. Good effort by the way,

Got ya! ?

And thanks btw. That pushed me close to my limits if I'm totally honest.