Another 40 year old just starting

forestboy1978

1 hour ago, forestboy1978 said:

Had 7 hours of climbing today. Left cambian saver up there but didn't fancy pulling up 40 ft so fitted a prussock to below me for easier ascension. 

All went really well. Free fall techniques landed correct. Pruning is going well. No danger.

Then.... I could not get myself into a union. last hour of the day, couldn't pull into it. Wasted so much energy. Also my prussock started slipping every so slightly couldn't figure out w in hy. 

Pretty beat up ATM. Reall tired

If you pull the tail end of your rope upwards it will stop the prussik from slipping, get out to where you want and then just tighten it like I said, it won't slip. Also you can put a  pulley below your prussik using another small prussik (starter cord or boot lace) on the termination end. Will advance your prussik for you, making acending easier and returning from limb walks easier. You can just lower the little prussik when needed and climb like normal. Probably sounds complicated and I've made a shit description but it really makes it easier and is cheap as chips.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dbikeguy said:

foot ascender, cheap and you will want to move to srt even if only for access. way easier on the body.
have to ask, what did the 50k buy?!

It bought this 1.thumb.jpg.1db1d628044f9af08d929b4619c936fa.jpg

An ex display jo beau m500

I upgraded my trailer andn sign writing. 

Marketing

Ropes , helmet, training

and I paid for my dads house to be painted and decorated and  carpeted. I did it all but still. 

Maybe 45k

20181116_133950.jpg

So I passed out at 8pm due to exhaustion and I'm now awake and thinking. 

What I want to do is follow instruction above re single rope ascension but also I have something else in mind. 

The 4 oaks... They are bunched. I've done 1 an 1/3 of another. I want to tie rope around all of them and use a prussock with x2 caribenars to ab sail around from 1 to the other. I figure I could do an anchor hitch at 1 tree, 2 or 3 half hitches to the next and so on to the last tree and then anchor hitch again. 

If I have x 2 prussocks with caribenars I can switch over when I get to a tree or I can lanyard around it and work the tree. 

What do you reckon?

Also, how can I buy this shit at 8 am tomorrow morning around Southampton area?

Ta