Tendonitus

stihlmadasever

7 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Well, yes Mick, sadly it does tend to attract the lunatic fringe, hence giving the discipline a bad name. Classically trained homoeopaths don't go in for all that new age stuff though. No need to take my word though, just ask a homoeopath for some arnica pills and experiment next time you have an owie.

Just remembered a funny incident. Some years ago I took half a year off to go backpacking, found myself in a bus station in Malaga. This scruffy guy with a black eye approached me - there I was thinking "What does he want? Is he going to try and mug me or something?"  - so he pleads at me in Spanish, trying to sell me his watch. I looked at the watch, looked at his eye, and said something to the effect of: "I'm sorry my good man, I have no desire to purchase your timepiece - however, I think I can help you with that shiner!"

Whereupon I pulled my homoeopathic travel kit with 30-odd remedies in little bottles from my jacket breast pocket, selected Arnica and indicated him to present his hand, palm upturned. He obeyed, much like someone under Jedi mind control, and I deposited a single tiny spherical sugar pill - loaded with homoeopathic goodness - on his palm, and indicated to put it in his mouth. He did, just like that, with the weirdest expression I've ever seen on a human face! Then I patted him on the shoulder, and said something unintelligible to him in English and went on my way. I like to imagine he stared after me for a long time, his mouth half open in bewilderment, the little magic pill barely visible on his tongue.

Excellent story, and very well told:thumbup:

Unfortunately you still gave him a pill of absolute medicinal nothingness.

Save your money dude and stay away from things we know for definite do not work beyond placebo. There are lots of things that do actually work that you may be missing out on if you persist in homeopathy.

Sorry to read all this stihl.

My main advice is to be very sensible taking ibuprofen/nsaids as directed ie with food etc. I ended up with a perforated ulcer from over doing it and not taking them properly.

Also I think I read you do weights too. That will just add to the strain on your joints. Try and get more rest.

Good luck,

Jan.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the village idiot said:

Excellent story, and very well told:thumbup:

Unfortunately you still gave him a pill of absolute medicinal nothingness.

Save your money dude and stay away from things we know for definite do not work beyond placebo. There are lots of things that do actually work that you may be missing out on if you persist in homeopathy.

Have you ever tried it? All I can tell you is try an arnica next time you give your shin a wallop. I'll mail you some, free gratis. Or just ask a new age traveller type if they can spare a few pills. HM the Queen uses it...

1 minute ago, Haironyourchest said:

Have you ever tried it? All I can tell you is try an arnica next time you give your shin a wallop. I'll mail you some, free gratis. Or just ask a new age traveller type if they can spare a few pills. HM the Queen uses it...

That's very kind:D

I have no doubt whatsover that arnica can help with bruising. The problem with homeopathic arnica is that it hasn't got any arnica in it.

I'm all for herbal remedies, just not a big fan of magic ones.

• Haha 1