Vasectomy...

tony_t3d

30 years since I had my vasectomy. I worked in a factory at the time and had one day off work. It took a while to provide a clear sample which was worrying but it all worked properly eventually. The thing they gave me was like a net bag you get with dried peas, I was impressed because they gave me a large. I only wore it for one day and soon replaced it with a rugby support, jockstrap which was much more usable and supportive. When I had my hernias done last year and this the hospital supplied me with the same type of jockstrap I had bought myself years before so they have learnt something in the interim.

Edited by peatff

Had mine done some 20 years ago, I'd stopped full time tree work and had just started at GreenMech on the production line. No issues post operative but whoever said that it is a painless procedure was lying! Mrs refused to help with sample gathering and she has called me a tosser since!

• Haha 1

22 years since mine and the most painful part was the injection of extra local anaesthetic for Cut 2!

Same here. I thought the doc had started the procedure but he was still putting more injection in. After that I felt nothing.
Done on a Friday, back at work Monday but let others climb for a few days.

Had mine about 23 years ago.  The procedure was fine but boy did it ache when the anaesthetic wore off.

My then Mrs treated me to a tin of Quality Street and my feet up in front of the fire.  I think I went back to work the following day but took it steady for a while.

18 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Mrs keeps (less than subtly) hinting that I should.....

Scares me to the bejeeezus just the thought of it.

Can't help with any input to your dilemma, but thanks a million for the reason to say no....

"...Sorry darling, It'll stop me working and that won't do will it..!"

Same. She marched me down the docs for a q and a session.. after which i told her its not happening! Can't face being played with down there

4 hours ago, nepia said:

22 years since mine and the most painful part was the injection of extra local anaesthetic for Cut 2!

Most painful part I found was when the nurse came to check the dressing after, she pulled back the sheet and laughed :$ That really hurt.

I was apprehensive because in pre op the bloke in the next bed section was being questioned and he had been the year previous and it had not worked. When the nurse asked him about his choice of anaesthetic he said definitely not local this time. The nurse came to do the questionnaire and as she pulled the curtain back the rail broke, fell on her head and knocked her out so she had to be carried out and another came to me. I had already opted for local and could not change it. We went into theatre and the preparation was about to start when the power went off, pitch black for about 30 seconds and everything went dead quiet till the generators kicked in. The surgeon asked if I was alright with a few students watching and I agreed, I'm not fussy and they started by me lifting the gown them putting a sheet over  and pulling my tackle out through a hole, painting it all with iodine (I had shaved at their recommendation) then administering the injections. The sensation when they pull the Vas Deferens is weird and the first side was done then the second was started and the anaesthetic was wearing off. The surgeon noticed me wincing and administered another needle and started to cut again. One of the students said "It'll not be long now" and I replied "I hope he's not shortening it". All I can say is, don't make someone laugh while they are tugging on your innards. :001_tongue: The year after my wife had to have a Hysterectomy so we could have saved them a job.

• Like 1

My mate had his done on Friday, was climbing Monday!
I had mine done just before Xmas. The port nad was done by a noted Pakistani Doctor - no problems, unfortunately, the starboard nad was done by an Egyption trainee doctor. I had a gonad like a space hopper for a week or two. At least when I went back to the Doc, I got the chance to use the line 'we're not going to hurt each other, are we Doctor?' Prior to the examination [emoji856]

• Haha 2

On 12/30/2017 at 12:25, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Mrs keeps (less than subtly) hinting that I should.....

Scares me to the bejeeezus just the thought of it.

Can't help with any input to your dilemma, but thanks a million for the reason to say no....

"...Sorry darling, It'll stop me working and that won't do will it..!"

Perfect success for me.

It's sort of entertaining too. Being awake, and getting to watch a small plume of steam rise from the procedure.

• Like 1