I hate it when.......

WesD

8 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

Cos it takes so much forethought that when you're buying something, that you have to pay for it....

So rummage for the purse, pick through the change etc. while everyone queuing behind is quietly seething :D

All of the above normally being accompanied by a good long chat with the cashier - delaying everyone else even longer :001_rolleyes:

Really used to boil my....

Until I came to think that this exchange might be the only human interaction that the old girl/fellow actually had all day, before toddling off home and sitting in front of the TV.  

Just read that out to the wife, great post Gary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

Really used to boil my....

Until I came to think that this exchange might be the only human interaction that the old girl/fellow actually had all day, before toddling off home and sitting in front of the TV.  

Nope, they toddle off to the doctors for their daily chat about their bunions, the new mole that they have found and can they have some paracetamol for their cold.  All of which takes at least an hour hence why you can never get a doctor's appointment for at least a month.

It's their bleedin  fault that we now have to fund walk in centres which thankfully are usually placed at the top of a hill to keep the old ones out.

After that it's the post office, then the bank, then back to the supermarket to see what's been put on special offer.

Bring back Logan's run.

Edited by Mesterh
  • Haha 4

On 30/08/2019 at 20:13, topchippyles said:

Eggs what about this BIRD up in stoke champ,Any thing happening musch ?

Just to keep you in the loop Les... we've spoken today, I laughed harder than I can remember for a long time. She said, her words, "you always were a Cnut Egg", charming hey?, she's coming to my mates funeral with me, I thought that would be a good way of wooing her.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Just to keep you in the loop Les... we've spoken today, I laughed harder than I can remember for a long time. She said, her words, "you always were a Cnut Egg", charming hey?, she's coming to my mates funeral with me, I thought that would be a good way of wooing her.

You old romantic, you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Gary Prentice, Mrs Chelmsford's back. I'll show here! I was out to work at half four yesterday morning and still can't sleep, (and I naver got my boots near the dash) so I've been having a tidy up, done three trips to the recycling bin, four beer tins at a time, I've still got tonight's takeaway wrappers and some other general rubbish, then I've got some glass jars and bottles to dispose of. She might want to get off back to that shit hole in Essex sooner than she thinks.

• Haha 1