I hate it when.......

WesD

1 minute ago, peatff said:

That's when you use the other option, the brakes, but God forbid anyone should inconvenience the motorist. There are lots of narrow lanes round here and we get joggers, cyclists, motorists and horsists and everyone has to learn to get along.

Horsists ! Brilliant word . My wife is a horsist !  When I played in a band I always called the bloke bashing the skins the drumist :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I hate it when...

Someone is blocking the isle in the supermarket and you say to them, "Exscuse me young lady, could I just squeeze past, please", and they turn around and scowl at you.

I bit my tongue, but very nearly said, " got the painters in have ya?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

People can't talk quietly on the phone.

People are simply ignorant and it's not just the younger generation! I sat in a waiting room this week and had to endure the loud conversation of the old biddy next to me - as did the rest of the room for probably ten minutes. 

What is wrong with people? 

The problem is that I'm too polite to say something (like S.T.F.U.:lol:)

2 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

People are simply ignorant and it's not just the younger generation! I sat in a waiting room this week and had to endure the loud conversation of the old biddy next to me - as did the rest of the room for probably ten minutes. 

What is wrong with people? 

The problem is that I'm too polite to say something (like S.T.F.U.:lol:)

It's not the younger generation, and while we're hating, blaming the kids boils mine. This was a middle aged fat slob. If I hear "we'll be back in Chelmsford" once more I'll...

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

It's not the younger generation, and while we're hating, blaming the kids boils mine. This was a middle aged fat slob. If I hear "we'll be back in Chelmsford" once more I'll...

Why would you wish to advertise that you were going to Chelmsford, anyway?

I'm not hating on the young, just saying that although the culprit often is of the younger persuasion, in my case it was the other end of the spectrum.

Personally I think it's extremely rude and ignorant to impose a supposedly private conversation on everyone else.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Why would you wish to advertise that you were going to Chelmsford, anyway?

I'm not hating on the young, just saying that although the culprit often is of the younger persuasion, in my case it was the other end of the spectrum.

Personally I think it's extremely rude and ignorant to impose a supposedly private conversation on everyone else.  

Where I'm at is in the middle of nowhere, a mile from the nearest village, and a couple of miles from the nearest town. I don't want, or need someone shouting around me. Go elsewhere!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I don't want, or need someone shouting around me.

I was struggling along the Carn Mor Dearg Arete on the lee side in the fog and a voice coming from behind me  was getting louder, I was mortified when a bloke with a southern counties accent strode passed dictating a letter to his secretary, I'd been enjoying a morning's remoteness up till then

2 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I was struggling along the Carn Mor Dearg Arete on the lee side in the fog and a voice coming from behind me  was getting louder, I was mortified when a bloke with a southern counties accent strode passed dictating a letter to his secretary, I'd been enjoying a morning's remoteness up till then

You'd probably be perfectly justified in pushing him off....