Stihl MS340

Billhook

I think that it is a Christmas present as I am sure I have given her ten times the value of the saw in free firewood over the years!

It seems to be a heavy barsteward though and quite a lot of compression to start.  I assume there is no decompression device but I am big and strong and she is small and weak so it is no wonder it has not been used!

I see it has a 59cc engine but I do not know the hp.

• 2 months later...

Does anybody know if the Stihl MS340 was fitted with a decompression device 

local dealer says not but elsewhere on the internet it does show some spare parts listing a 340 decompression valve

I always assumed that the thing on top of the cylinder head in the photo was a valve with the plunger missing but it must be something else.  I do not see this item on some other photos of 340s

IMG_1499.JPG

2 hours ago, Billhook said:

Does anybody know if the Stihl MS340 was fitted with a decompression device 

local dealer says not but elsewhere on the internet it does show some spare parts listing a 340 decompression valve

I always assumed that the thing on top of the cylinder head in the photo was a valve with the plunger missing but it must be something else.  I do not see this item on some other photos of 340s

IMG_1499.JPG

Can't answer your question, I'm afraid, but it looks identical to my 340 - no plunger, just that rubber cap thing.  Possibly same housing as a different model that did have a decompressor?