Swivels on your bridge.

MattyF

Matty I have used one on my bridge for years,  no problem new england high Vee 12mm rope Art rope guide and spiderjack 3. I damaged my rope and replaced it with same rope / size. Second day climbing the spiderjack was hard work. It just seemed to jerk its way down and wouldn't self tend. The rope above seemed to be twisted only on the return to spiderjack. I checked out the cams & pins all ok. Its has to be the rope any thoughts.................... all on drt.

Matty it is how the VT is tied that creates the hockle, not the swivel.

The swivel however does accentuate the hockling instead of sorting it out.  I had that problem DDrt and tried the swivel.  A guy on the treehouse said to ditch the swivel and tie the hitch a bit differently.  Hey presto it worked.

never used one since, SRT or DDrt.

• 7 months later...

Hi lads just wondering if anyone has figured out what the reason is behind the hockle situation is? I run ddrt zz most days, no hockle even with the built in swivel, but using the SJ2.1 with a swivel on my bridge is making me absolutely mind f****d!! I dont understand why its happening, my rope yesterday was wound up so bad that i had to unattach the SJ from my bridge and let it unwind. Iv tried silly things to reaolve this problem like for example if i spin round 180 once im done i will spin back 180 to where i started haha

Gave up using one on a double rope , could never work out what causes it but it just happens and is a pita ! but it does not seem a problem SRT ... interesting it does not happen on the zigzag.
I’m intrigued to see the Treeimagineers bridge device and see if hockling on a double rope occurs with it still, noticed mark bridge in the video has it set up on a double rope VT.