Stihl MS462 vs Husqvarna 572xp

josharb87

From what I've seen on the "web" it will come down to what "you" want as 462/572 is so close it will be what the buyer/user is used to ? 

Close on power but the weight thing is what has sold the saw to me , an extra kilo is a lot to be swinging in the woods all day.. so in that they are miles apart and as said this stihl feels like a husky!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 21/06/2018 at 23:27, Steve Bullman said:

how so?

Hi All. 

Just joined when I found this thread via Google search.  I've gotten a hold of both saws and I would say the most common thing of the two is the piston design.  Here you can see clearly the similarities of the 562XP piston and the 462C piston.  I haven't gotten a 572XP piston in my hands yet, but I've seen from photos it is relatively similar in design, so yes, Stihls is using very similar piston design when compared to Husqvarna.  

DSC03570.JPG

• Like 2

1lb and oz is a lot of weight , I would take a 550 over a 560 if the task allows, why not if you can work faster and stay fresher... if I use my 576 felling I will pick up the 560 as soon as I can to delimb a tree.. just makes no sense to me to carry more weight than what’s needed on a job.
70 cc saws are thirsty and fatiguing they are not really some thing I enjoy using but that’s changed since getting a 462.. I know folk who have had the 572 for a while and they still would rather pick up there 560’s.

• Like 3

1lb and oz is a lot of weight , I would take a 550 over a 560 if the task allows, why not if you can work faster and stay fresher... if I use my 576 felling I will pick up the 560 as soon as I can to delimb a tree.. just makes no sense to me to carry more weight than what’s needed on a job.
70 cc saws are thirsty and fatiguing they are not really some thing I enjoy using but that’s changed since getting a 462.. I know folk who have had the 572 for a while and they still would rather pick up there 560’s.

I got a 562 a while back, it’s been brilliant. My favourite saw. But to think that the new
Stihl 462 is the same weight but with more power and similar throttle response, it’s definitely got me interested.

The point I was making (not very well !) was that the talk about the wieght of the two was being a little confused by folk quoting Lbs and Kgs and mixing them up, I have seen on another platform someone who was busy telling the world that the 572 is "over 3lbs" more than the 462. MattyF I 100% agree with you on the "work smart" comment and if the situation allows that type of work then you would be stupid not to do it, I tend to do most of my work with a brace of 562s (ported and stock) as I work away from base for the week I carry a 550, 2x562 and now the 572 replaced a 576. 

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 12:15, AlfA01 said:

Hi All. 

Just joined when I found this thread via Google search.  I've gotten a hold of both saws and I would say the most common thing of the two is the piston design.  Here you can see clearly the similarities of the 562XP piston and the 462C piston.  I haven't gotten a 572XP piston in my hands yet, but I've seen from photos it is relatively similar in design, so yes, Stihls is using very similar piston design when compared to Husqvarna.  

DSC03570.JPG

I think you need a new screwdriver, looks like the dog has been using it as a chew:cursing:

• Haha 1