Stihl MS462 vs Husqvarna 572xp

josharb87

well, fella's, sorry I've caused a few dummies to get spat out....I'm just going by personal experience. No doubt I'll buy one or both of these saw models a year or two after they have released them...and sorted out all the problems that will undoubtedly accompany them. What saws do I use?...not newly released models from Stihl or Husqvarna! (since I bought a new MS261c, a 550xp and an MS201tc...all of which have been sent back to the dealer more than twice).

• Like 1

I always have a little laugh about sweeping statements about new models, although there were without any question problems with both Stihl and Husqvarna I think both have taken on board the lessons that they needed to. The 572 has gone through 4/5 versions before being released so I would like to think thats pretty well "field tested" but is it "idiot" tested ? we all know of folk that should perhaps be taught a little more about maintaning saws etc. This not a problem only in the chainsaw world - ask any of your pals about new vehicles and I know that you will hear the same story... If you look back at any thread about saws you will always find another sweeping statement about how the "...." model was the best ever made I think that should really read it's the model we know more about ? And again in a fairly short time what we are knocking now will be the "best " 

I have had/have 3x550 1x560 and 3x562 - 2x 550 gave problems, the 560 was rebuilt twice under warranty and 1x 562 gave up it's  crank bearings. So would I buy a "new" Husqvarna ? in a heart beat because Husqvarna covered all problems without question and despite those problems I still find  my days work is easier with those saws. Merry Christmas everyone !

• Like 3

9 hours ago, spudulike said:

I am surprised we haven't got a thermocouple on the exhaust side of the cylinder yet and some sort of auto-shutdown if it overheats - that would save a few saws from self detonation!

As for operators keeping their saws clean - you are kidding right? Think I only have two customers that do that9_9

Ffs man that 357 you did for me wasnt my fault!

Ill bet you've not had much cleaner than my 66!

I’m a faithless slapper when it comes to saws.

I don’t go for virgins, I wait until a few of my mates have given them a good going over first then decide which ones I fancy.

I am currently entertaining reliable performers of 3 different colours, offering a variety of penetration from 10” to 36”.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joe Newton said:

Ffs man that 357 you did for me wasnt my fault!

Ill bet you've not had much cleaner than my 66!

Calm down, it isn't all about you9_9 just go away and play with your toys and make a bit of chip:thumbup: 

Did I do your saws....Oh yes, I remember, had to clean the workshop after they were in;) Walls were like flock wallpaper:scared1: did get warmer because of the insulation though.....what a life - still trying to get the chip out of my underwear:$

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

I’m a faithless slapper when it comes to saws.

I don’t go for virgins, I wait until a few of my mates have given them a good going over first then decide which ones I fancy.

I am currently entertaining reliable performers of 3 different colours, all offering a variety of penetration from 10” to 36”.

how's that cheap Chinese bitch I warmed up for you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

Calm down, it isn't all about you9_9 just go away and play with your toys and make a bit of chip:thumbup: 

Did I do your saws....Oh yes, I remember, had to clean the workshop after they were in;) Walls were like flock wallpaper:scared1: did get warmer because of the insulation though.....what a life - still trying to get the chip out of my underwear:$

haha I thought I'd made up for the husky with the 66, guess some people just love a good moan!

I want you to do everything possible with my little naughty echo in the new year. Don't worry though, ill use it to muck out the cow shed before packaging. 

That clean eh, will look forward to that, it will probably be the cleanest yet. Will make sure I have some air freshener close to hand, I am thinking you are probably a Potpourri sort of man rather than Pine fresh!

Always a pleasure to deal with good customers, just wish you were one of them:001_tongue:

The abuse comes for free but am thinking about charging extra for it in the New Year;)