BANAMAN Videos (Sheffield Trees)

BANAMAN

Hello to everybody...

Since August 2017 this year, I have been creating a public record of events in the form of small video productions. They depict the ongoing controversial tree feelings happening in Sheffield to date. I am very keen to hear from any Arboriculturists with their views regarding how they think their industry might be affected, when actions of this nature by Sheffield City Council go ahead. Although some of the videos I have put online may look to be a little biased, I can assure you that my intention is to give everybody an equal opportunity to have their say and put their point across, but unfortunately some videos have ended up looking like my intention is not as intended, for which on my part, if I have offended anybody, I sincerly apologise as it was not my intention in the first place and I can assure you, it is not my intention as time goes by...! Although I have highlighted in the past to all concerned in the videos that their points of view are important, I do believe and understand their concerns for whatever they might be, as to why they have chosen not to speak with reference to what they might want to say if anything at all...! Therefore I am extending my offer to any Arboriculturists as well as those I continue to encounter on a weekly basis. However, what I would like to say now is that each and every individual including myself, must accept responsibility for their own actions, even more so in the presence of a video recording camera...!

Are you an Arboriculturist working in Sheffield now or have been and do you want to share your views?

I would be very interested in knowing your views either on hear or by a private message if anonymity is your preference. You can message me directly on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BANAMAN.Productions/

As an Arboriculturist, have you been subject to any threats or violence either physically or verbally while working on the PFI contract in Sheffield?

Have you witnessed any threats or violence either physically or verbally while working on the PFI contract in Sheffield?

As any aspect of your job working on the PFI contract in Sheffield affected you in any way at home or at work?

Does your future work depend on keeping as many healthy street trees as possible?

If you are an Arboriculturist in another part of the country not working on the PFI contract in Sheffield, I would also be interested in your views.

Have you been following what is happening in Sheffield regarding the current ongoing tree situation and want to share your view?

Does your future work depend on keeping as many healthy street trees as possible in our city's towns and villages?

How would you feel if you had to endure what the Arboriculturists working on the PFI contract in Sheffield?

If you would like to see a public record of events uploaded to date, please click the youtube link below.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi5IXghZwEoqj61jjjQqW3Q/videos

28 minutes ago, BANAMAN said:

Although some of the videos I have put online may look to be a little biased, I can assure you that my intention is to give everybody an equal opportunity to have their say and put their point across, but unfortunately some videos have ended up looking like my intention is not as intended.

Just checked out some of your videos, "a little biased" I think you need to reassess xD.  I think you might get short shrift here.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Arctostaphylos uva-ursi said:

Just checked out some of your videos, "a little biased" I think you need to reassess xD.  I think you might get short shrift here.

My door is always open and I hope others will take this opportunity to help get the message across from an Arboriculturists point of view... I do believe I have given fair opportunity and will always allow that opportunity to exist to put the record straight. Thank you for your point, I understand fully why you have said this :-)

Edited by BANAMAN
Spelling mistake

3 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

Have you read Bill Anderson’s article, which was published earlier this year?

Probably the most well written explanation of how and why the situation has occurred in Sheffield 

Thanks Gary, do you have a link to the report you are referring to?

Brave man stepping into this den. I think you'll find the majority of people here look at it as "I cut it, I get paid".

I'd like to add it's not down to the company doing the work, the problem lies with the council. If the company in the video didn't take the contract another company would have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BANAMAN said:

Thanks Gary, do you have a link to the report you are referring to?

I don't and can't remember where I read it. I'll email Bill and ask him and see if I can post it here.

EDIT:

After looking at the first three videos on your Facebook page, I don't think I'll bother. I've no intention to pandering to your agenda in any way, shape or form. Your videos, no matter how you attempt to justify them, are so overtly biased I'm having no part of it. 

I'll debate this subject with anyone, but I'm sure that your intentions are simply to use whatever comments you can gather here and to present them elsewhere to support your own aims.

I'm out!

Edited by Gary Prentice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gary Prentice said:

I don't and can't remember where I read it. I'll email Bill and ask him and see if I can post it here.

EDIT:

After looking at the first three videos on your Facebook page, I don't think I'll bother. I've no intention to pandering to your agenda in any way, shape or form. Your videos, no matter how you attempt to justify them, are so overtly biased I'm having no part of it. 

I'll debate this subject with anyone, but I'm sure that your intentions are simply to use whatever comments you can gather here and to present them elsewhere to support your own aims.

I'm out!

I understand how you have come to this viewpoint, hopefully somebody will share their views, if not, I will have no choice but be portrayed as somebody with a biased point of view... My offer was always on the table in the beginning but if I was not being honest, I wouldn't have put the videos up as they presented themselves on the day as a public record of events... Unfortunately people depicted in the videos you might have watched, are actually responsible for their own actions, just like myself. But thank you any way, your view based on what you perceive, I respect.