What vehicle

Brackley Firewood

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same situation and think I'm going to go trailer route. Worked with a bloke today who had a big 16ft ifor trailer, big thing! Tempted to get one of those as it'll double up as a car/plant trailer. 
I had an lm166 flatbed trailer and it was massive. Useful to have as it it carries loads. Without sides I could get 8 pallets on it for ferrying stuff about sites.

32 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

So depends on your rounds. I started with a trailer but have to deliver to so many awkward places a narrow truck proved why easier. Regular single cab with a Loadhandler works a treat plus some greedy boards.

Yes definitely- I use to deliver logs   In Warwickshire using a 16ft ifor- great because we’d load it up with 6 dumpy bags and 2 of us could tip a bag over the side to unload it, we’d spend the morning filling the bags and go out in the afternoon delivering all of the one trailer- no way I’d attempt the same in these devon lanes and awkward to get to properties- think you’ve got it sussed with your method Beau.

• Like 1

Gents if any of you are interested in a large trailer I'm about to sell an Ifor 12x6 caged sided tipper. Fantastic condition but I have to say maybe a bit large for log deliveries but you guys know your rounds. Anyway if anyone is interested let me know and I will send further details.

Cheers

On 20/12/2017 at 20:39, william127 said:

I have had a couple of 3.0 troopers, brilliant trucks if the recalls have been done and you look after it. If you use bulk bags rather than cubic meter bags I'd have thought you could easily get one in the back of a trooper commercial. This would be handy as it is depressing and eats into the profit having to get out and put away a trailer for 1 bag! I know, because that's what I have to do at the moment.

i would keep the trooper, get a 10x5 ifor Williams, ideally tipper, but i have hardly ever done tipped loads so it's not essential in my mind. If the funds and space allow I would also add a cage sided ifor Williams p6e for tight access/ single bag deliveries. My one is my most used log delivery method.

Must have missed this when you posted. I run an Ifor TT2515 cage side which holds bang on 4 cube of logs, putting the total weight comfortably within limits for truck and trailer. Some places I deliver to have no drives and narrow side gates which makes barrow bags a good option for delivering so a set of ramps lives under the trailer for ease of loading/unloading. If it's just net sacks or a single builder's bag then I have a little unbraked trailer which is easier to get to than the tipper which is rather more securely stored. ;)