Jansen FS-35 log splitter?

HenF

• 3 months later...

I brought one in July 17 used it about 12 times for 3-4 hours a time .. last monday after about 3 hours work (with breaks) it rammed forward and jammed and just vibrated like mad rattling itself crazy, had to turn it off, had a look inside and the bolt holding the main flywheel on fell off, the cog (flywheel or whatever you call it) was still in place, we put the bolt back in, and tried again, made no difference, it rattles itself crazy every time we start it so its unusable, cost me 1700 quid, supposed to be under warranty so i emailed the guy @ woodmanstore and got a curt reply "parts only and self fix warranty" - "send me a video of broken parts and we will take it from there"  I explained its a faulty machine can't see any broken parts bad design etc, no reply came back .. i haven't sent a video yet so not sure how this is going to pan out but i will soon.. 

when it works its great but considering it's only been used occasionally and this has happened it's not a good sign (not sure if swear words are permitted on this forum) i wouldn't recommend it for the above reasons - and the Graham whatshisname guy at woodmanstore is no real help and obviously not interested in good service just into selling machines and making money.. i'm inclined to believe its had no real field tests and mugs like me are the field test, at present I feel ripped off.

• 9 months later...

Phil.... was it the FS35 speed that you bought? 

I just bought the Jansen FS35 2 weeks ago and after 4 hours work.... the top handle jammed forward and the machine rattled until I pulled the handle back. Is this the same that happened to you? 

Has your situation been resolved yet? 

Thanks. David 

• 3 weeks later...

I bought one last January after my original post, have not been disappointed. it is very fast and pretty powerful.

the only thing which has gone is the clutch springs, i contacted woodmanstore where i got it from, sent a video of the problem and then they sent new better ones to me under warranty. I suggest you speak to whoever you got it from, they will probably say whats wrong then will send you the parts and a 'how to' video.