sheffield trees

daveatdave

55 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

And there was I thinking he was saying what he did for political gain. Silly me.

See, you can’t judge every politician by JC’s standards!!  (Whilst recognising that Gove might not be the best antithesis to prove that theory ?)

I think I “get” Gove. He’s too clever to be popular, he’s not a people person but rather a ‘systems’ person, people frustrate him because they can’t keep up, as a consequence, he’s a poor departmental head / leader - NHS for example. I’m increasingly optimistic about his tenure in Environment though

On the STAG issue and the perception of potential for political gain, I respectfully disagree Mr E. Any number of ‘lesser political mortals’ COULD have intervened, it is BECAUSE nobody else has, and that he has recognised the gravity and importance of the issue, that, thankfully, he has. No doubt the ‘opportunity for moral gain’ won’t be lost on him (Labour Council) but does that negate his interjection or lessen the inadequacies of those that have chosen not to? 

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe

Career politician who's been allowed a go at the environment after cocking everything else up.  If he really gave a shit he'd have used his influence to stop things earlier.  Now that it's making 'Big' news then Gove to the rescue.  I'm not buying what they're selling.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1

when will someone come out and admit the real reason for all the city tree clearances.......the roll out for the new phone service, 5G......although it goes through inanimate substances no problem....living tissue interferes with it, hence the mass tree felling programme, shortly to be followed with the increase in strange cancer hot spots( must be the russians), 5G hasnt been properly tested anywherre, but roll it out in the UK, the sheeple wont care, they can get better conectivity on there shiny new phones

23 minutes ago, agrimog said:

when will someone come out and admit the real reason for all the city tree clearances.......the roll out for the new phone service, 5G......although it goes through inanimate substances no problem....living tissue interferes with it, hence the mass tree felling programme, shortly to be followed with the increase in strange cancer hot spots( must be the russians), 5G hasnt been properly tested anywherre, but roll it out in the UK, the sheeple wont care, they can get better conectivity on there shiny new phones

Really?:D

24 minutes ago, agrimog said:

While there is an issue with the unknown elements of 5G networking, there's no way that all these universities are going to cut all their trees down to test it : https://5g.co.uk/news/three-universities-test-5g-technology/4172/.

4 hours ago, sean said:

To be fair he did so back in August 2017 also. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-40885758

Yes, I know Gove came out about it last year. My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I typed what I did. It seemed to have the desired effect on Mr Johnson.:jumping38: 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Yes, I know Gove came out about it last year. My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I typed what I did. It seemed to have the desired effect on Mr Johnson.:jumping38: 

:aetsch: you can’t claim a bonus for that! There wasn’t even an ATTEMPT to disguise the wind-up!!  I’m no particular fan of Gove, but as he did in other dartments, he’s making sound progress in the Env brief. Perhaps because it doesn’t suffer the National, emotional paranoia which binds any progress in Health or the amorphous Marxist blob of Ed. Acid test will be how he addresses farm subsidies in the face of the omnipresent, pernicious, self serving NFU & CLA. 

On 23/03/2018 at 15:54, WesD said:

I get that but it’s not going to stop or change what’s happening it’s adding to the cost and hurting people in the process. Injuries and arrests! Really is it worth that when the outcome of the tree will stay the same. 

Choosing your battles comes to mind. 

Thought of you (well, to be fair, no so much ‘of you’ but of what I thought / interpreted by this post - don’t bother protesting, it just costs money and causes hassle - earlier Wes)

i was listenening to a report on the wireless about some totty that had crowd funded an appeal against the parol board decision on the early release of that sex pest taxi driver. 

Who’d have thought it, no parliamentary or systemic ability to reverse the decision of a QUANGO, but a bird in a mini skirt and heels who got tapped up on the way home after a kebab and fell for the old “have a drink Mrs, what harm could it do “ line got some mates to throw some tutt in the pot and the next thing you know, a Senior Civil Servant (I’m guessing - Chair of Parol Board) resigns and scumbag sex pest has to use a spork for another 10 years....

Protest - where did that ever get us....

(not having a dig Wes, I get what (I think) you were saying about causing hassle costs money.....

Genuinely did think of this post whilst I was listening to the report)