sheffield trees

daveatdave

Good on the protesters (that wasn’t easy to say), the fact these trees are marked for removal is ridiculous. If we don’t get a grip on removing mature trees we’re going to find ourselves in a bad position tree wise in the not to distant future. These trees are monuments to our fallen too.

That protestor is nothing more or less than a moron.
The tree was already on the floor.
Stop this happening again elsewhere I kind of see but it’s too late in Sheffield now.
I do like trees too.
Some comments on here from people who make a living chopping trees down do make me [emoji23]

When I first saw this story I went to get the full picture unlike the majority on this thread throwing around comments.
I found out who the protester was and exactly why he did it. This group of residents are trying to prevent the trees in this street from being cut down by the council. The guy in question was holding on to the brash because it stopped the crew from working thereby stopping the trees from coming down. As was stated earlier these trees are a monument to ww1 soldiers who didn't come home.
These trees should not be coming down! End of.

• Like 3

When I first saw this story I went to get the full picture unlike the majority on this thread throwing around comments.
I found out who the protester was and exactly why he did it. This group of residents are trying to prevent the trees in this street from being cut down by the council. The guy in question was holding on to the brash because it stopped the crew from working thereby stopping the trees from coming down. As was stated earlier these trees are a monument to ww1 soldiers who didn't come home.

It’s obvious to anyone he wants the tree cutting to stop. No need to look that up, doesn’t stop him being a moron though

But it's not about that specific tree, the guy in question said he did it because he knew as long as the crew were wrapped up dealing with him then no other tree would come down. The residents protested the trees coming down legally in multiple meetings and a fat cat in the council went ahead and drew up a nice contract to have the work done anyway. If this is what must be done to save these trees then so be it. At what point do we stop cutting g down mature trees in this country? Especially ones that are decent avenue trees like these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marula said:

At what point do we stop cutting g down mature trees in this country? Especially ones that are decent avenue trees like these.

When we don’t get paid to do so. 

Sorry to be be cold but we do it for a living because we enjoy it and it pays the bills. 

If if he wants to respect the fallen he should join the forces, visit cenotaphs, raise money for forces charities not protest over a Tree. 

Statues, cenotaphs or stonework type monuments make far better memorials and places to respect our lost ones as they don’t change. Trees do they grow mature, break, become diseased and have a natural lifespan. 

Would anyone remember a tree Tree being in memory of someone if said Tree failed and killed someone?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Marula said:

Just to set the record straight the tree that was felled is on Kenwood Rd they are not memorial trees 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2