What winter tyres are best for a Navara NP300?

Steve Bullman

As per title.  I have all terrains on currently and they are like a death trap in this weather, having serious handling problems.  Seems a lot of expense to change them over for a few months but if we get much more of this weather I will have to seriously consider it.  Anyone here changed over for the winter?

• Like 1

Proper snow and ice tyres which have tiny slices in the tread blocks will be best (see pics)

For the winter months my hilux has nokian nordman suv with studs. Might be available without.

My caddy has Bridgestones without studs.

the caddy on the Bridgestones will go further than a 4x4 on summer tyres in the snow and ice.

F1AFECEA-6D14-44A9-ACC2-25BFAC93879D.thumb.jpeg.cd0c7663ba1c7a86a249c4248f8ce539.jpeg2C95ED00-5D5F-455D-A338-E1DC6FD7C938.thumb.jpeg.b4fde59d8e4948c5cc8967439e478d64.jpeg

I'm on BFG All Terrains and think they are pretty good tbh. They try to spin up (until the tc stops them) if you pedal on. I don't think any of the more 'off road' biased tyres will handle as well on road in all conditions as the tyres fitted as standard in reality, particularly on wet or icy tarmac. Deep snow is a different matter though.

The new(ish) BF Goodrich AT KO2 have got the "snowflake on the mountain", and I've got them on my Hilux, but I was wondering what they'd be like on UK slushy roads.... now I know!

A mate has got the same truck as you and fitted proper winter tyres. Will find out what they are.

I've always like Continental winter tyres and had got Conti Winter Contact 830P on my Volvo and for a 2 wheel drive car, it's pretty impressive.