Smeagal

On 13/12/2017 at 21:57, Christopher Schroeter said:

I'm interested. Do I need just one? What's a good starting weight? I'm a big bloke but weak from a sedentary job. And that Pavel looks like a nutcase....are there any beginning beginner workouts you recommend before you hit me with russian military?

There’s no shame in starting light, but the weight has to be challenging,12kg May do,no heavier than 16 to begin with. Look up Steve Cotter, how to do the Kettlebell swing. The swing is the classic move, and for good reason. Taught to all beginners and used by all that are advanced .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Smeagal said:

There’s no shame in starting light, but the weight has to be challenging,12kg May do,no heavier than 16 to begin with. Look up Steve Cotter, how to do the Kettlebell swing. The swing is the classic move, and for good reason. Taught to all beginners and used by all that are advanced .

Sorry chap only answered half your question! It was late, I was tired and should’ve been in bed not looking at a screen. 1 Kettlebell is enough to start with. I was self taught because I had loads of time and no money, but there is definitely virtues to getting a couple of lessons, it speeds things up and you can get to try out a few weights to find out which one is for you to start with.

go to the IKFF website and see if there’s an instructor near you, if your near Thame Oxfordshire it’s me ?.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I spotted this thread as was just watching some workout videos this morning with these to help rebuild my core strengths which has definitely dropped with not climbing as much recently and having staff do more. Some of the routines look brutal but definitely appeal as work groups of muscles and cardio all in 1 set of reps so you can get a good whole body battering in quite a short time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Christopher Schroeter said:
On 20/01/2018 at 07:58, Smeagal said:
Hi Christopher, how are you getting on with your new toy? 

I confess I haven't really been getting on with it at all. I've been trying to get the rest of my life on track which is coming together slowly. Back on the bike though so we are all good.

It's January matey, apart from the bike bit sounds like me. ?