Smeagal

I got into Kettlebells when I was 35, I stuck it for about 4 months, 3 times a week! It got me really strong and feeling great!
It didn’t fatigue me for my work like lifting weights do.
I’m all seized up, 42 now and lack a lot of strength! I really need to get my finger out and get training, not just for work but for life in general!
I used to have an amazing instructor but I moved home and it’s not something that’s done here unfortunately and I am no use at training at home.
My hamstrings are my enemy!

• Like 1

I train about 3 to 4 times a week at the gym,i use kettlebells pretty regular in my workouts,amazing way to train,cardio/strength/conditioning all in the one workout.

Problem is the gym kettlebells only go to 16kg and its difficult to get that blighter when the gyms busy.

Big fan of anything that challenges you and really easy to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Smeagal said:

Wow, it ain't a kettlebell, looks more like a tool that I think is called a mace but pretty sure they have really long handles, definitely look cool made out of wood, but would want a stopper on the end of handle. Are your clubs and meels precise weight? 

yes it would be like a short mace but sold as a pair rather than one big mace.

they are fairly accurate as i turn them for a retailer. and like to keep them within 50-100 grams of the required weight and each other.

i've some heavy industrial timbers i wanted to use but am not sure what weights people would like?

the handles would look like these so they can be held on to...

P1030877.JPG

I train about 3 to 4 times a week at the gym,i use kettlebells pretty regular in my workouts,amazing way to train,cardio/strength/conditioning all in the one workout.
Problem is the gym kettlebells only go to 16kg and its difficult to get that blighter when the gyms busy.
Big fan of anything that challenges you and really easy to use.

Most I ever got up to was 12kg. We used to do 36 minutes non stop,1 minute a movement if that makes sense, then 1 minute break and 6 minutes of core!
Used to be brutal, after a good cool down, food and then back to work feeling great!
I really must get back into it.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

Most I ever got up to was 12kg. We used to do 36 minutes non stop,1 minute a movement if that makes sense, then 1 minute break and 6 minutes of core!
Used to be brutal, after a good cool down, food and then back to work feeling great!
I really must get back into it.

Yeah its not the weight but how you use it thats the important factor.

I find the less i train the sorer i am after each workout.

Kettlebell workouts in a cicuit are brutal and i doff my cap to anyone who partakes in them...tremendous way to train.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

I got into Kettlebells when I was 35, I stuck it for about 4 months, 3 times a week! It got me really strong and feeling great!
It didn’t fatigue me for my work like lifting weights do.
I’m all seized up, 42 now and lack a lot of strength! I really need to get my finger out and get training, not just for work but for life in general!
I used to have an amazing instructor but I moved home and it’s not something that’s done here unfortunately and I am no use at training at home.
My hamstrings are my enemy!

1 bell , 2 to 3 , 40 minute sessions per week is all it take to reap some impressive results chap.

stiff cup of coffee, load music in the bedroom if it’s rubbish weather in the garden if it’s nice.

He says having lunched out his workout and is sobbing out in front of the fire with beer and chocolate.

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2017 at 09:31, stihlmadasever said:

Yeah its not the weight but how you use it thats the important factor.

I find the less i train the sorer i am after each workout.

Kettlebell workouts in a cicuit are brutal and i doff my cap to anyone who partakes in them...tremendous way to train.

The test I did was with a 20kg, 100 hand 2 hand swings, 16 clean and press each side, 30 snatches each side then 30 goblet squats, the emphasis is on good form and endurance, takes about 12 minutes, women use a 12kg, you’re not aloud to put it down. My general working weight is 24kg. 

• Like 1