Smeagal

Dear all, I’m very interested to know how many fellow Tree people use Kettlebells. Whether you have positive or negative feedback regarding the use of Kettlebells I would really appreciate hearing from you. I’ve recently became a qualified Kettlebell teacher, my qualification was obtained through the IKFF (international Kettlebell and fitness federation) I won’t be found on the teacher directory  found on the IKFF website until after Christmas, simply because I haven’t submitted my personal profile yet.

I’m 48 years old with 30 years eclectic experience within the Arb industry.

I was introduced to Kettlebells as a physical rehabilitation tool, a stupid,very unexciting accident resulted in 4 months off work and huge muscle loss. That was beginning of 2014. Without invitation I’m not interested in trying to sell the virtues and benefits of a little regular kb training. But what I am interested in trying to voluntarily communicate with this industry is whether your male or female,young or old, beginner or top of ya game Craftperson. The Kettlebell could have been purpose designed for people like us!  It’s a cannon ball with a handle, it’s raw,primitive, in ya face, very unsuttle, whilst also being a very sophisticated ever progressive craft. It’s thoroughly enjoyable, never mind the rapid results and benefits, im not known for my discipline, im confident that the fundamental reason I’m still using Kettlebell is because it’s great fun that directly translates to my day to day life.

Get at me with any questions, I’m happy to share my experiences and what I’ve learnt.

Lovely looking clubs boyo. Haven’t used them myself but Mike eves the master trainer who I got my certification through, also teaches clubs and meels, they look great fun. As for wooden Kettlebells, no mate, wouldn’t think you could get the structural integrity in the handle. Look up Wolverson Kettlebell you’ll be able to get all the dimensions from their site and I think you’ll see what I mean. 

3 hours ago, Smeagal said:

wouldn’t think you could get the structural integrity in the handle.

i wasn't thinking of copying the handle in wood.

i was thinking more like this (but in wood). the ball could be up to 7" diameter and the handle would be up to 8" long. i thought it would help with forearm muscle building and grip???

81tAbjTIGpL._SX463_PIcountsize-2,TopRight,0,0_SX463SY431SH20_.jpg

Edited by se7enthdevil

2 hours ago, se7enthdevil said:

i wasn't thinking of copying the handle in wood.

i was thinking more like this (but in wood). the ball could be up to 7" diameter and the handle would be up to 8" long. i thought it would help with forearm muscle building and grip???

81tAbjTIGpL._SX463_PIcountsize-2,TopRight,0,0_SX463SY431SH20_.jpg

Wow, it ain't a kettlebell, looks more like a tool that I think is called a mace but pretty sure they have really long handles, definitely look cool made out of wood, but would want a stopper on the end of handle. Are your clubs and meels precise weight? 

5 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Kettlebells are awesome.  I have a set which I don't use anywhere near enough but I plan to soon.  Such an easy way to work out, and cheap too.  I recommend 'Enter the kettelbell' by Pavel for anyone starting out

Yippee, I  knew I couldn't be the only one that enjoys playing with Kb's. But wouldn't recommend Pavel's "hard style" technique. It's Steve Cotter and the IKFF (competition style) all the way, don't like Pavel's approach, for me it just doesn't translate with my day to day work as well as the IKFF techniques. But don't listen to me I'm totally biased, I've just become IKFF certified kb teacher. It's a bit like asking a Stihl dealer husky or Stihl!. The quickest most efficient way for a beginner to pick up the basics is to get a couple of lessons from someone cool like me.