The Crypto coin thread

Rob D

3 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I seen their adverts on the GP races. Thought (naively) they must be kinda safe. 

I’ve a wee bit in PayPal as well since they started a Crypto Wallet. Anything that I flog on eBay and I get paid in PayPal I put into bitcoin. Easy to forget about.

My wife is convinced I bought Bitcoin 10-12 years ago. I vividly remember sitting at the communal workshop laptop and making a wallet and looking at how to mine. I know I spent over 1000nok on something. I thought coin but who knows long lost now.

Yep gp, also ufc, several soccer clubs, basketball, several others. Partnerships with Matt Damon amongst other big names.

keep an eye for a potential spike feb 13th. They have a 30 second ad running in the super bowl at a cost of several millions 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Worth reading up on crypto.com as well. They are investing an absolute fortune in advertising over the last year. The most recent being a $700 million 20 year deal renaming the iconic staples arena in LA. I don’t think they plan on going anywhere anytime soon 

The final layer of a pyramid scheme is always the hardest to recruit…

• Like 2

Afraid I’m pretty bearish on it all mate. It’s fine and dandy all the while there is tons of magicked up cash that people are desperate to put into something. Same as house prices. But as soon as people’s ability to borrow money for buttons is restricted, both will fall. The big question is , when. 

Bitcoin doesn’t have a utility value. It is purely speculative. It’s not like gold or even shares.  Cashing out any gains relies entirely upon someone else buying in. You have a lot of people sat on massive paper gain, but as soon as more than a few of them want or need to sell, the price will crash. 

I don’t buy into the ‘untraceable freedom loving global currency’ either. The concept of a blockchain is great, with many potential uses. But no government (let’s be honest, El Salvador doesn’t really have a functioning government!) will allow anything other than a blockchain backed currency that they can control. If you say it’ll just go underground- then I say only for criminal use. People need to be able to pay for day to day necessities for Bitcoin to function as a currency, and long term I don’t see any government allowing that. All they need to do is block the method of converting crypto into something people can pay rent with. 

• Like 1

Suppose a pyramids scheme is lucrative as long as you not the sucker holding when the whole thing collapses

Morally  esp with regards to enviromental impact seems very dubious though.

Have you seem   thoose massive cryptomines in central asia? (Also policew  raiding the illegal ones)

Its like something from a dystopian sci fi film...

Kazakhstan is now the world's second biggest crypto-currency mining country, thanks partly to a vast mine in the desert.

• 1 month later...

👍

3 minutes ago, WesD said:

What are the up and comers people are investing in?

I bought a few pairs of " Deer Hunter " socks . They will probably see me out . 👍

Edited by Stubby

34 minutes ago, WesD said:

What are the up and comers people are investing in?

Im still mainly investing in cro. Tend to top it up every time it drops below 30p. Staking it all and earning 12.3% which is netting me a decent amount every day. They are continuing to invest big and have just spent who knows how many millions sponsoring the upcoming world cup.

I've slimmed down the rest of my portfolio, sold a lot of my crap coins mostly at a loss, but they were only smaller amounts.

XRP I am buying in dribs and drabs here and there. Its a bit of a gamble at the moment as they are in a legal battle with the SEC which is dragging out, but if they win the predictions are it could blow big.

Have smaller holdings of Mana and Sand which are related to the whole metaverse thing which I don't really understand, but keeping my fingers crossed on those ones.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...