The Crypto coin thread

Rob D

3 hours ago, dan494 said:

Had to chuckle yesterday when read the creator of a parody coin called dogecoin that he made to mock the bitcoin hype is now worth hundreds of millions can't work out why anyones buying his coin. It's not even been updated in 2 years :lol: goes to show how ridiculous some people are with their 'investments' 

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/05/bitcoin-parody-dogecoin-worth-more-than-862000000-after-being-invented-to-mock-cryptocurrency-7207630/

Yes because last year as from 1st Jan 2017 it was $0.000233 and 1st Jan 2018 it was $0.00870 so an increase on investment 3,700% or x37.

Saw the bank manager the other day as needed to open another account. He also asked did I want a savings account? 

'How much interest does it pay'

'Oh it's 0.35%' he replied.

You're right - it goes to show how ridiculous some people are with their investments ;)

1 hour ago, Rob D said:

OK Rich how about some Dogecoin for this year? Free to a good home - x200 of the little beauties!

Download this wallet (make sure is this one as the others can be harder to set up) - find the receive bit, take a pic and post up here.

Same for anyone else on here x200 Dogecoin which I reckon will be worth $200 end of this year, it could be more! And if it burns out it cost you nowt! - stick the scan picture thing up on here and I'll send you some. Just as a wee experiment.

image1.png

image2.png

So anyone going to stick their head above the parapet?

1 hour ago, Rob D said:

Apologies on this one :$  only the first sentence on my post was for you - the rest for everyone else. Now I read it back it makes me look like a right patronising so and so which I know I am - but I just didn't mean to be on this occasion xD

Rob no Problem I took it as Sarcasm. 

Tell me if you  don’t mind what your personal thought are for the next 12 weeks with Bitcoin.

Have you looked at Ethereum yet?

4 hours ago, Mortimer Firewood said:

Rob no Problem I took it as Sarcasm. 

Tell me if you  don’t mind what your personal thought are for the next 12 weeks with Bitcoin.

Have you looked at Ethereum yet?

Next 12 weeks should be fine, next 6 months as well (probably!) - long term I'd say Bitcoin's days have to be numbered. Huge power to mine it, slow to send and expensive to send.

At the moment it is used to buy other coins but if the exchanges start to change that? Well then surely it's days are numbered. Ethereum is a better bet - but again newer technologies are emerging.

Some of the newer coins such as NEM, TRON, CARDANO, RIPPLE I'd say are better bets.. but of course no one really knows.

There are new and much better coins and much better technology now. I was checking out RaiBlocks - newer technology - transactions are fast and FREE! Yes it is free to send money from A to B and uses virtually no power.

Ok these newer technologies are new - no doubt there are bugs etc but in the end I'd expect them to take over.

I tend to use Binance now as preferred exchange - most coins I put in wallets and the rest leave on the exchange to trade (I accept these are at risk if the exchange is hacked).

Best thing I reckon is to spread your coins about rather than have them all in one coin.