The Crypto coin thread

Rob D

And now worth?
a mate bought 400 quids worth quite near the start and doesn’t know the password. Has it on an old hard drive but has no clue to what he chose all those years ago. Currently “worth” several Million but without a password it’s got no value at all [emoji852]️
Like money down the back of the sofa. Eventually all this lost bitcoin will make available bitcoin scarce and more valuable.

• 3 weeks later...

16 minutes ago, Timbermcpherson said:

Its got a pretty heavy presence in organized crime and features in everything from ransomware attacks on whole nations infrustructure to the white slave trade and terrorism,  I doubt govts are going to let it ride in the long term.

Not a lot any government can do about it really and when you get a group that can hack into an oil system like they did in the usa recently and get paid to unlock it in bitcoin. 

• 1 month later...
On 02/12/2017 at 10:07, dan494 said:

Yeah have done which why have come to my conclusions. It boils down to 2 elements to me. The overview how its going past 6 months that screams pyramid scheme worries me, and then the closer look about the purpose of it and I just cant see many people transferring pounds to bitcoins to send to aunty jill in japan who will turn them to yen whan a simple bank transfer does the job already. people like simple, thats why windows did well when msdos didnt and iphones did so well

Nearly 4 years on, I wonder if your view has changed?

• Like 1

I must be thick with a capital F cos this lot baffles the shit out of me! [emoji15]🤯[emoji37]
Watched a series recently called “startup” based upon bitcoin, there version was gencoin and the drugs underworld, enjoyed it 🤠 but never grasped the relevance in todays world 🥴

• Thanks 1

When this thread originally started I looked into it but it was so flipping hard to actually buy coins. Now there are several apps that have made it very easy, and converting your coins to cash to move to your bank account is done at the click of a button.

I always said that once you hear about these things its probably already too late, but decided to jump on the bandwagon back in March this year and downloaded the crypto.com app. Was going quite well for a while, but now sitting about 5k down on my initial investments. Everythings plummeted the past couple months, and with hindsight now would have been the time to buy. Most of my coins are ones with good projects behind them though so im confident I will get my money back, although theres talk of this dip lasting 2 years if its anything like the last one. Having said that though I read so many predictions and they are rarely correct..I also suspect most of the crypto news sites are earning a decent whack from affiliate marketing when people download the various apps, so its obviously in their interest to predict higher rises. Having said that though I have come to the conclusion that the market tends to just do what it wants, and you get lucky or you don't. A little knowledge and research is never a bad idea though.

For me the biggest thing at the moment is the interest im earning. I staked 3k on CRO with is earning me 10% for 6 months. This gets paid in CRO coins, which are currently around 8p. I get 67 of those a week. In addition to that, staking the 3k on CRO enabled me to upgrade to their metal credit card/top up card which has some great benefits. I now get 3% cashback everytime I use the card pretty much anywhere. Utilities, credit card/loan payments, mortgage payments don't qualify unfortunately, but basically anything retail does. When I pay myself at the end of the month, everything that isn't needed for my bills gets transferred to the card and I use that for my day to day expenses. On average I earn about 50 CRO (currently worth 8p each) every single day. This costs me nothing in fees so its entirely win win. Crypto.com have invested massively in their advertising lately, and no sponsor nascar, F1, and just signed a 10 year deal with the UFC, so I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon. I have hopes that CRO will hit £1 at least one day, although the longer it stays low the better. With my average daily earn, plus interest, if it hits £1 one day, i'm basically chucking about £1800 in a savings account every single month.

All the other coins I have are also staked. Disadvantage with that is that if the price rockets I can't sell them as they are tied up for 3 months at a time. But I am also earning good interest on them, depending on the coin this ranges from 3-12%.

Not sure if i'm quite done investing. If I have a good month I will probably chuck another wedge in, specially if the coins stay this low.

When this thread originally started I looked into it but it was so flipping hard to actually buy coins. Now there are several apps that have made it very easy, and converting your coins to cash to move to your bank account is done at the click of a button.

I always said that once you hear about these things its probably already too late, but decided to jump on the bandwagon back in March this year and downloaded the crypto.com app. Was going quite well for a while, but now sitting about 5k down on my initial investments. Everythings plummeted the past couple months, and with hindsight now would have been the time to buy. Most of my coins are ones with good projects behind them though so im confident I will get my money back, although theres talk of this dip lasting 2 years if its anything like the last one. Having said that though I read so many predictions and they are rarely correct..I also suspect most of the crypto news sites are earning a decent whack from affiliate marketing when people download the various apps, so its obviously in their interest to predict higher rises. Having said that though I have come to the conclusion that the market tends to just do what it wants, and you get lucky or you don't. A little knowledge and research is never a bad idea though.

For me the biggest thing at the moment is the interest im earning. I staked 3k on CRO with is earning me 10% for 6 months. This gets paid in CRO coins, which are currently around 8p. I get 67 of those a week. In addition to that, staking the 3k on CRO enabled me to upgrade to their metal credit card/top up card which has some great benefits. I now get 3% cashback everytime I use the card pretty much anywhere. Utilities, credit card/loan payments, mortgage payments don't qualify unfortunately, but basically anything retail does. When I pay myself at the end of the month, everything that isn't needed for my bills gets transferred to the card and I use that for my day to day expenses. On average I earn about 50 CRO (currently worth 8p each) every single day. This costs me nothing in fees so its entirely win win. Crypto.com have invested massively in their advertising lately, and no sponsor nascar, F1, and just signed a 10 year deal with the UFC, so I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon. I have hopes that CRO will hit £1 at least one day, although the longer it stays low the better. With my average daily earn, plus interest, if it hits £1 one day, i'm basically chucking about £1800 in a savings account every single month.

All the other coins I have are also staked. Disadvantage with that is that if the price rockets I can't sell them as they are tied up for 3 months at a time. But I am also earning good interest on them, depending on the coin this ranges from 3-12%.

Not sure if i'm quite done investing. If I have a good month I will probably chuck another wedge in, specially if the coins stay this low.

[emoji15][emoji32][emoji33] come again! 🤣🤣[emoji16]
  • Like 2