The Crypto coin thread

Rob D

On 08/12/2017 at 09:45, Rob D said:

I bought one of those and just did not like it at all - but it's one of those 'Is Stihl or Husky the best' type of things innit!

I'm reticent to keep too much in an online wallet.  I like the ease by which you can conduct transactions with a hardware wallet.   Ledger, ticks the boxes I reckon.  

Thanks for putting all the effort into the Bitcoin explanation Rob.

Its an interesting space for sure, blockchain is going to make a difference to our world and once bitcoins etc stabilise then they could add real value.

Interesting the comments about the value. I'd argue that Uber is worse.... huge valuation, pay below minimum wage, dont follow regulations, irresponsible management...... with valuations of $60-70 billion

Kev

Not read it all yet but this book comes highly recommended.

Said this a few times (I know I know) but if you research the topic it gives you a better feel for what's what...

At least then you can be informed and then make some better based opinions and decisions... When you start to see the implications of it all... WOW!

I get £2-00 for every book sold so get one for all the family ;) (That was a joke... I only get £1-60) :001_tongue:

:)

image1.jpeg

• Haha 1

This is really why you need to get educated if you choose to go into this whole crypto market...

I can totally see this happening - you move some bitcoin it now takes hours. Bitcoin Cash is the fresh faced upstart but still has the same speed as bitcoin had in the old days.

Bitcoin is that very first chainsaw and already it is starting to show it's age...

Sort of thing where if you bought in without thinking when it's all flying up you could be easily left holding the ball.

This guy bought bitcoin at $1 and now has estimated $0.5 billion.

But it ain't just about the money! This fellow was into the whole concept long before others were and saw the potential and good ruddy luck to him!

To me this crypto world has laid bare what money is and isn't! Something has value ONLY because of what you and what others give it.

A bottle of water in the supermarket - you'll pay £0.30 for.

Same bottle of water in a gargage - you'll pay £1.20 for.

Dying of thirst in the desert - same bottle of water = all your worldly possessions...

It's the same bottle of water. So if the bottle of water has not changed then the only thing that has changed is your perception of that bottle of water.

The constant question/comment I've seen is - why has this Bitcoin got any value? There is nothing there?

Answer - there is more there than there is with the £ notes we currently use.

• Like 1

I know. Just like a job only makes a profit when the customer pays the bill. 

I think I'm going to cash out my original investment amount soon, then I'm in for free. I enjoy playing with it to be honest.

I margin sold 200 factom 20 minutes ago, its bombing nicely just now. It's nerve wracking knowing when to close the position, but that's all part of the fun.

That's life with all investments, gauging the time to pull out or just stick with it if history has shown that recovery will come good in the long run.

With Bitcoin, there are no rules and no history so consolidating decent gains may be prudent but what do I know. They may keep climbing or collapse overnight and never come back, it is all unchartered ground!