The Crypto coin thread

Rob D

On 12/3/2017 at 17:29, Richard 1234 said:

That all means f all if the exchange where they are kept gets hacked and they are stolen from there!

you are wrong and still dont understand. I'll try explain it clearer.

If you have the private key printed then the coins CANNOT be on an exchange as you cannot get a private key from them for obvious reasons. Bit like the bank giving you the pin number to the banks own account.

So to sum up. 

1. Print out your private key.

2. burn your computer.

3. Coins perfectly safe.

well I hope some of you did invest a small amount in Bitcoins on the weekend. You would have realised 30% return on your investment!

As BTC are now over £10k, could be worth looking at other coins to put a toe in the market.

DMD coin is a popular upcoming coin, it pays interest as well! 

You can get the wallet and information https://bit.diamonds/ buy some https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-DMD

Don't put your life savings into it but consider it was $4 not so long back and now $16. 

Several stock exchanges are starting futures trading of Bitcoin at the end of the month, there is talk of exchange traded funds also where pension funds buy bitcoins. So the £50k per bitcoin may not seem so crazy!

Oh and if you do get lucky, buy some coins and in 5 years end up a crypto millionaire, make sure you buy them through your business so you can sell up and only pay 10% cap gains on it via entrepreneurs relief!

On 12/4/2017 at 22:50, Rob D said:

At the moment it is a pain in the backside changing the crypto currency back into actual £ but there will be cryptos in the end that aim to do that...

turning BTC into FIAT is very easy and safe.  www.kraken.com is a good one, can do free SEPA transfers and is regulated in the USA.

Edited by donnk

What happens during an economic downturn?

People turn to gold as a safe haven for their assets...  why, because gold has kept its value for thousands of years..

Bitcoin..   theoretically bitcoin might overtake gold as a safe haven for those with the money.. but it all depends on trust..

If bitcoin loses value in a run up to a recession or during it, then bitcoin is just another ponzy currency hovering up suckers on the way..

If it begins to act as a safe haven option, then it has an interesting future in my opinion..

Its all about trust at the end of the day.. 

• Like 1

Bitcoin just seems to have gone crazy the last 48 hours... As Bitcoin moves more into the mainstream the more it moves away from what it was intended to be...

Watched this video today and I know I know none of us have time but if you can have a go.

It does seem to me in all areas of life folk will read 2 comments on facebook or listen to a scrap of conversaion from someone they know - then base very strong beliefs and opinions on this! Then spend lots of time discussing these strong opinions with others who have done the same thing :)

If you are genuinely interested in something spend the time learning about it. Learn about how it started, who started it, what reasons they had for starting it, what their vision is.

See what you think..

you are wrong and still dont understand. I'll try explain it clearer.

If you have the private key printed then the coins CANNOT be on an exchange as you cannot get a private key from them for obvious reasons. Bit like the bank giving you the pin number to the banks own account.

So to sum up. 

1. Print out your private key.
2. burn your computer.
3. Coins perfectly safe.

So to sum up http:// http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5154737/Bitcoin-miner-NiceHash-reports-hack-theft-wallet.html

This from 6 hours ago. I know it’s the mail but first hit on google after typing 2 words “Bitcoin theft!”
You live in that bubble where they can’t be stolen.

All that said I do quite like the idea as I said before but people like you will help people lose money.

Steam, the online gaming platform has announced it will no longer trade using bitcoin, citing the rising cost of transactions and Bitcoins volatility.

The real test for Bitcoin is the next rescission..  how human behavior, herd instinct bears down on it..   theres gonna be a lot of nervous bitcoin holders crapping themselves at the slightest mention of a downturn..  that in itself might force them to bale..  spreading the panic they fear most...

5 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

So to sum up http:// http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5154737/Bitcoin-miner-NiceHash-reports-hack-theft-wallet.html

This from 6 hours ago. I know it’s the mail but first hit on google after typing 2 words “Bitcoin theft!”
You live in that bubble where they can’t be stolen.

All that said I do quite like the idea as I said before but people like you will help people lose money.

sorry chap i cant dumb it down anymore.

you are clueless.