HSBC banking problems

arbogrunt

21 hours ago, arbogrunt said:

Is anyone else having trouble with HSBC over their 'safeguard' security settings?. They have just told me they are going to shut all my business banking down in two months...shoddy way to treat a customer who's held an account for 22 years emoji35.png

Yes. I completed all the online form but failed to send photos of documents they asked for. Received notice the account would be closed so transferred any balance to another account. I presented myself with my documents to the local branch to close my savings account but was told my account had now been re approved

• Confused 1

interesting. Its a shame, I had a good business relationship going with them years ago. Sadly, they only have one manager to cover 3 areas...and theres a 2-3 week waiting list for an appointment. Then this Safeguard nonsense on top of all that....time to move on to a friendlier bank methinks. I like the idea of Metro bank being open 7 days a week and till 2000hrs on weekdays... bank charges are more reasonable to. They have assured me they can transfer everything over within 2 to 7 days and any payments to my old accounts will be sent over to the new one.

• Like 1

I had another argument with CS today.

I found a letter dated the 10th November saying they were restricting my account withdrawals to 50 quid a day...  WTF?

I responded to them on the 17th but they couldn't tell me if they had received the information or were going to reduce the withdrawal amounts.

I really don't know what is happening with them.  They have been my bank of choice for 20odd years and all of a sudden, even the simplest of task has become a massive chore.

I guess if the bank you have your money with pisses you off then shift your money. Eventually they will understand that the customer is king and without them, they won't have a business!

Seems pretty obvious that the customer may want to shift some money or purchase something once in a while and it is sometimes pretty bizarre the lengths they go to to stop you withdrawing your own hard earnt!!!!

• Like 1

exactly, imagine if we behaved like this to our customers?...we'd never get asked back for more work!...dont put up with it fellas...tell em to ram it! :)

Edited by arbogrunt
  • Like 1