HSBC banking problems

arbogrunt

Is anyone else having trouble with HSBC over their 'safeguard' security settings?. They have just told me they are going to shut all my business banking down in two months...shoddy way to treat a customer who's held an account for 22 years [emoji35]

I got a letter telling me to update my details on an online form, which I couldn't access. Been to my branch 3 times to try and resolve it. I don't do phone banking...so they have given me notice of account closure. I'll have one more go at resolving this or I'm off. Disgraceful customer relations...they gave me a loan last week! 🤡

Just been down to Metrobank....that's more like it!. Open 7 days a week, business manager on site every day...no appointment necessary, free banking if youve got £5k in.
Looks like HSBC just lost a good customer [emoji112]🏻

22 hours ago, arbogrunt said:

I got a letter telling me to update my details on an online form, which I couldn't access. Been to my branch 3 times to try and resolve it. I don't do phone banking...so they have given me notice of account closure. I'll have one more go at resolving this or I'm off. Disgraceful customer relations...they gave me a loan last week! 

I am having proper problems with HSBC.  I recently sold my house in London after moving to Norway.  The profit from the sale was accidentally paid into my HSBC account as I didn't have the Norwegian bank details to hand.

I tried to transfer the money over for a deposit to allow us to buy over here.  Not a chance without going into the Branch.  FFS I opened the account 25 years ago, it is in Chester.  I haven't been back to Chester since I left Uni.  I have to attend the branch in person and request the money to be moved.  They also stated as it is a joint account both myself and the missus have to attend.

I have children, and don't live in the UK.  The people in India at the call centre failed to see the problem I am faced with.  When asked to be put through to the branch, there is no possible way to speak to anyone in the branch...  apparently they dont have phones in branches anymore...

FFS it is doing my nut in.  The branch is probabley a Wetherspoons by now. 

Well, my branch are unable to do anything until Monday morning. This has prompted me to move my accounts to Metrobank ASAP.

They seem to have a much more positive attitude to business banking, 7 day access to business managers...no more 2 week waits and 'hello Mr Hunter, hows the portaloo business going?' for me. Goodbye HSBC!

Good that you have sorted things out Arbgrunt, I found that Lloyds BB got increasingly arsey and expensive so moved to Santander about 10 years ago. Now they may not have had the best press with personal accounts but cant fault them for our BB - been faultless.

• Like 1

HSBC - the global bank? Can’t help you in Norway?!... Total shysters as far as I’m concerned.

A few years ago I was in New Zealand getting married and have banked with HSBC for 30 years (since it was Midland Bank). All my cards mysteriously stopped working a couple of days before my wedding (where I had a lot of people to settle up final bills etc). (I had plenty of money in the various accounts and had told HSBC I was going abroad for a few weeks and to expect subsequent foreign transactions). No problem I thought - they have HSBC branches in NZ, I’ll sort it over the counter (day before my wedding). Computer says no - no way anything abroad can be accessed, totally different company effectively - everything was shut in the UK when I called (not from branch - they were unwilling or unable to help in any way). Maximum stress and a lot of shouting eventually ensued...

Since then they have systematically shut every branch anywhere near where I live and regularly insist on minor issues being dealt with in-branch, which can basically write off half a day. The latest was me failing telephone banking security (they weren’t able to tell me why on the phone). It turns out they had the wrong date of birth for me at some point - I’d given them the correct one (I’m pretty confident that I’d got my own birthday right) and they locked my access.

They are a ridiculous company that don’t deserve any customers IMO.

I am realising that now.

One guy told me today that if I had upgraded my account to a Premier Account I could have transferred a lot more money.  

I said it was too late for that now and I will systematically drain my accounts until there is nothing left in there.

I have found another way to transfer money, no charge from the company and I get a better rate than HSBC offered.