Kindling/ log splitting machine

Rwhiteheadfirewood

23 hours ago, Rwhiteheadfirewood said:

Evening everyone 

looking into buying either a kindlett or splitta from fuelwood or the posch autosplit. 

I want something to produce logs and kindling could I have you’re ideas/ recommendations ? 

Regards rob 

I’ve got a posch kindling machine and it’s brilliant for kindling. They say you can do logs with it but it makes big kindling not logs! 

Hi Rob, iam running the splitta from fuelwood it has proved ultra reliable and pretty much unstoppable, output is very good, it will split rings into logs or kindling and it infinitely adjustable to any size in beteeen, and it really does take seconds to adjust, the logs on max are big but you have huge scope i run mine in the middle and it produces chunky logs, the kindling is good and iam selling lots, been running this for 3 years now, never let me down, the posch machine looks to me to be a lighter duty machine, where as the fuelwood one looks very heavy duty, quality of product for kindling depends on what you feed it with, logs is a different story, you can feed dirty nasty rings in and get bars out, most we have done on my splitta 360 is 40x 1.2mcube bags in a day, but you know you have done that as it’s all been lifted into machine, that’s with 3 people and about half material already ringed, a good mix of diameter timber, will find some picks of what it turns out8bf7057c178ad50a9e9702879775ce1e.jpge36b2352977b6c00d32c9744dc7fa31f.jpg354a42cb0516e3c5a145263ac884a1b1.jpga06e5611c68c0447318f066427864e27.jpg

Hi rob i changed my kindllet 240volts for a autosplit 250  240 volts last march .i dont use it to do logs to much kindling and small bits come out with them when  using dry wood .its ok if you use unseasoned wood  ,as i only processs dry wood mainly  i only use it fo kindling now ,its nothing better than a kindlet machine for making kindling ,we used it today and did 325 bags 57x37cm mono  in 5hours we did same  amount using the kindlet , doesn't matter which machine you use to make kindling ,you must have clean timber to process .I strongly advise you to buy a splitta 400 from fuelwood if you want a machine to do logs and kindling out of dry seasoned timber .good luck

The rings are cut to just under 10 inch, it’s not fussy, it will feed rings through down to about 4 inch as the ones behind will push them through, mines the 360 but with infeed conv. think Fuelwood just do the 400 now, that will take up to 13 inch long rings i think and upto 400mm dia, however if you have 800dia. just knock them in half, they feed through flat side down36d1c7e5fe89c36fddc46f3c831d1f12.jpg, you can see from the last picture on my previous reply the stuff that goes through, with the kindling i tend to cut the blanks on the transaw so they are smack on, however the sequoia in the bulk bag was about 5 ft in diameter and ringed to about 8-9 inch and blocked to 360 high, i found it best to split into two as a 5 ft long bit meant it was missing the drive dogs, where do you source your timber ? it it’s arb the you will get on well, if you are buying cord then a processor with deck will be less physical but won’t do kindle, also depends on your vol. once rings are cut you really will be filling a bag in around 4 mins on max dia and there will be no oversized logs, so in a day you can produce quite a bit as the machine is automatic it’s just relentless, you need to get yourselves organised otherwise you will be running all round the place trying to keep up, it makes us laugh though !

25 minutes ago, Bustergasket said:

The rings are cut to just under 10 inch, it’s not fussy, it will feed rings through down to about 4 inch as the ones behind will push them through, mines the 360 but with infeed conv. think Fuelwood just do the 400 now, that will take up to 13 inch long rings i think and upto 400mm dia, however if you have 800dia. just knock them in half, they feed through flat side down36d1c7e5fe89c36fddc46f3c831d1f12.jpg, you can see from the last picture on my previous reply the stuff that goes through, with the kindling i tend to cut the blanks on the transaw so they are smack on, however the sequoia in the bulk bag was about 5 ft in diameter and ringed to about 8-9 inch and blocked to 360 high, i found it best to split into two as a 5 ft long bit meant it was missing the drive dogs, where do you source your timber ? it it’s arb the you will get on well, if you are buying cord then a processor with deck will be less physical but won’t do kindle, also depends on your vol. once rings are cut you really will be filling a bag in around 4 mins on max dia and there will be no oversized logs, so in a day you can produce quite a bit as the machine is automatic it’s just relentless, you need to get yourselves organised otherwise you will be running all round the place trying to keep up, it makes us laugh though !

one man operation?