Won’t cut straight- new bar and chain??

SbTVF

6 minutes ago, SbTVF said:

So I just went to take the spark plug out so I can stop the piston coming up to take the clutch off and the spark plug was loose as buggery. Took a good 3 or 4 full turns to put it back in. Then when to wind it out and it went really stiff as though it had cross threaded. On closer inspection the final thread is damaged slightly. Weird!

I've never touched it from new so god know whats happening there! Still not managed to turn the power mate over. Will have another go tomorrow when i've got a new spark plug!

Jobs going from bad to worse

Jobs going from bad to worse

Definitely. On closer inspection in daylight, the thread where the spark should run in to (head?) is damaged, or at least furred up with crap. Looks like it’s going back to the dealers because I’ve not touched the spark plug since we bought it. It shouldn’t have come undone if it was put in correctly in the first place.

Definitely. On closer inspection in daylight, the thread where the spark should run in to (head?) is damaged, or at least furred up with crap. Looks like it’s going back to the dealers because I’ve not touched the spark plug since we bought it. It shouldn’t have come undone if it was put in correctly in the first place.

Best of luck!

• 5 weeks later...
Well its definitely either the bar or chain, it does exactly the same thing on the other 550 we have with is running great with a 15" narrow kerf sugi-hara bar too. So they're going back to oregon.

The 550 itself is a whole other issue now!

If you havent sorted this yet check the chain isn't rubbing against the thin metal plate that covers oiler etc. Mine did this with same symptoms as you describe. New plate, job done. Took me a while to figure it out