repointing patios

tree-fancier123

4 hours ago, forestboy1978 said:

Ouch...

Why? Are you planning on going into landscaping? Unless you're a builder you don't need a tuckpoint. I have a cordless makita 5 inch grinder that is soo versatile and with a steady hand is fine on ground work. Tuck point is needed for brickwork only. Unless you're planning on being a bricky then it's a waste of money.

That hoover..... just get a beat up old henry like every other builder lol... 

Brutal honesty... you're over spending, even if you were fully in the trade. If you've got the money to burn however, sure, go for it.

Yes the tuckpoint guard and m class extractor i have done without, however im asthmatic, and dust extraction really helps my breathing. The extractor will fit my other Festool stuff circ saw, planer, sanders, bit of Festool fanboy, really industrial top notch gear, rebuilt some wooden garage doors, tracksaw helped enormously, with extraction power tools you can also potter about indoors too without making a mess, fitted a new kitchen door for a lady.

i had a small extractor but the new one is m class dust, self clean filters, can do wood and masonry.

I dont have money to burn, just like having good quality gear, saves a third being lopped on tax. Just got a nice mobile welding set to patch up my tipper. The thing i want that i cant afford is some land and a unit, must stop splurging on tools i dont need

• Like 1